• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New 1720t with no forend grip

Started by Airgunaholic, December 02, 2014, 03:06:48 AM

Airgunaholic

i just got it today from Walmart $361 shipped but when I opened it, there was no forend grip on the gun.  What the heck?
Every  picture I have seen including the crosman site depicts it with the grip.  Also, it is not listed anywhere as an accessory.  Am I missing something?

Stranded in California.

RetatCDude

That price for 1720t buy all of them!
Photos????
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Airgunaholic

It is a great price.  I did have to pay tax though so it came to about $391.  Still awesome.  Spoke to crosman today and they're sending the forend grip.  No problem at all.  Can't wait.  I've been shooting all day.  Started at 3000 PSI and still shooting 20 yards all the way down to 1500.  Made 75 shots.  I'm very happy.
Also, this thing is easy to pump.  I also shoot a Talon SS and when I have to pump that thing, I need to get psyched up for it.  The tank is huge and it lasts a long time but, it still takes a lot of effort and a lot of time.  Again, I am very happy today.  Just waiting for my grip and red dot sight with rail adaptor (11mm to weaver).  I've been shooting just looking down the barrel.  I'm hitting a soda can almost every time so I can tell this thing is going to be dead on.  I've always been a fan of the Lothar Walther barrels.  Talon has one also.

Airgunaholic

35 pumps and I'm back up to 3000 psi.

williesurvive

If you really want to see what your 1720t will do put a p-rod transfer port in and get low 900s up to 950ish and back with about 25 shots.
bug a salt 2.0
1720T p-rod transfer port gaska shroud extension 21 ci bottle fed
.25 m-rod gaska shroud extension challenger stock

Airgunaholic

What is the P-rod transfer port?  I am intrigued.

Airgunaholic

Saw some posts about the different transfer ports.  Still not sure what is referred to by Mrod or Prod though.  I would only be looking to get more 500 fps shots per fill but it's great to know there are so many options out there.  I haven't even thought of messing around with the hammer adjustments yet.  Afraid to mess it up.
If someone knows any easy way however, to get more than 75 shots with less air, by all means, I am all ears.
Thanks guys.

RetatCDude

In the box you should have received the pistol, instructions and a red TP. The TP installed will give you up to 750fps. If you put the red one in.....550fps
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Airgunaholic

I did receive the red transfer port and installed it.  I just didn't know if there was another aftermarket transfer port that would be more efficient.  I'm pretty happy with the results but I do like to tinker.

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: Airgunaholic on December 04, 2014, 02:53:08 AM
Saw some posts about the different transfer ports.  Still not sure what is referred to by Mrod or Prod though.  I would only be looking to get more 500 fps shots per fill but it's great to know there are so many options out there.  I haven't even thought of messing around with the hammer adjustments yet.  Afraid to mess it up.
If someone knows any easy way however, to get more than 75 shots with less air, by all means, I am all ears.
Thanks guys.

M-Rod---Marauder
P-Rod---Marauder Pistol
Joe
Aurora, CO.

williesurvive

More shots? See airgun labs for a double tube setup. http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=40974.0 :-*  they fit the 1720t too.
bug a salt 2.0
1720T p-rod transfer port gaska shroud extension 21 ci bottle fed
.25 m-rod gaska shroud extension challenger stock