• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Benjamin Trail NP PISTOL, recommended ?

Started by CO2Freak, January 03, 2015, 02:33:35 PM

CO2Freak

My eye catched this pistol. There are not many reviews on it out there, but ones I read are generally pretty negative. Especially on the trigger and the rear sight.

But I really fancy the idea of a gasram powerplant (the pistol it self is horrible ugly  :D).

Are there any owners here and do you recommend it for 6yrds target shooting and back garden plinking ?

Brutuz

http://youtu.be/7PTU9Z05GTQ

I own the one in the vid above and like it.
Sure the trigger isn't a match trigger and it isn't a recoilles pistol which means you have to master it.
For some it just doesn't work...
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

CO2Freak

Hi Bert, nice vid  :-* as always  8)

According to the groups I see on the paper targets, that's exactly the level I would be satisfied with.

The pistol looks pretty robust to me and I don't care to much about the recoil, it looks pretty manageble.

Seems I have to make a trip to a store to try it  ;D

Cheers !

mudduck48

Another one bites the dust! If you want to waist a $100, I'll PM you with my address and you can send me the money. Go for it, they sell them at Big 5 and Walmart. But, you'll be sorry!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

rangerfredbob

You'd probably be happier with the Beeman P17, they usually have them at Cabelas I think, single stroke phnumatic and pretty accurate with a nice trigger.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

BillK

It is not an easy pistol to shoot.  The trigger gets somewhat better with use and a longer screw.  I gave up on the sights and went with a red dot which helped a lot.  It's a two handed shooter for me.
As noted, there are a lot better guns for the money out there but, if you like a challenge, give it a try.

Just saw this on the Yellow Classifieds (kitching).  May save you a few bucks.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1420307637/for+sale%2C+brand+new+in+box+benjamin+n.p.+pistol+.177+%2C+60.00+shipped
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

CO2Freak

Thanks folks, great additional feedback !

BigErn

I hated mine when I first got it, took me a while for it to grow on me. I like it now... but I cannot recommend if you don't have lots of patience. It took me many different tries to get it to shoot decent for me. I ended up putting a Red Dot and a bi-pod on mine, now it's a decent shooter. I shoot mine with the cocking assist on at all times. I really liked the looks of it, that's why I got it in the first place. Still a very cool and unique gun in my opinion.

Brutuz

Quote from: rangerfredbob on January 03, 2015, 05:37:14 PM
You'd probably be happier with the Beeman P17, they usually have them at Cabelas I think, single stroke phnumatic and pretty accurate with a nice trigger.

Fully agree and would love to own one but..... like me CO2Freak lives in the Netherlands, airguns that resemble a firearm are prohibited overhere, crying shame that is, so sad about it
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

BigErn

Here is a pic of the final setup. This setup worked out pretty good for me. It's been a while since I last shot it, I have been meaning to lately after I did the longer trigger adjustment screw mod.

BillK

Is the turtle a sublime comment on the pistol? ???
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

CO2Freak

Thanks, I'm still not convinced though, to many mixed reviews and hardly no mods available...

mudduck48

I'm telling you, if you want to through some money away, send it to me, I will use to good use. Don't buy one of these guns, you WILL BE SORRY!! ;D ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.