• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Advice on modding the 1377 to 1322 and an 18" barrel .

Started by FranticFred, February 06, 2015, 03:35:34 AM

FranticFred

Quote from: crossliner on February 07, 2015, 03:11:41 AM

That red dot looks identical to the Swiss Arms Armscor has. Personally at 35 yards you are better off w/ a scope and I am sure others would agree. Most of the dots are 5 moa so they are quite big and not very ideal for precision shooting. If you are hunting rats you have to hit their necks or their heads. If you really want red dots the 25mm tube Millet red dot has a 3 moa dot and it is also popular amongst our forum brothers.

Do not try to let your relatives transport barrels by plane even if they are just for airguns..When they arrive here they will be questioned and held.

Can you post a pic of your 1377? Is it still in pistol or in carbine form already?

Oh it's this red dot..

http://www.amazon.com/Millett-1X20-Riflescope-1-Inch-Matte/dp/B0002IN0WU/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423275115&sr=1-1&keywords=millet+red+dot

Thanks for the helpful advice crossliner.I didn't understand the difference between the 3MOA and 5MOA.Thanks for that information..that saves me some grief.I did buy a Bushnell 3-9x40eg a while back when I was considering an Eskopeta.I understood that the rifle scopes don't tend to last very well with airguns,so I was looking at Red Dots in hopes of finding something that would work well,and last longer than a few months.

I will "carbine-ate" the 1377 when it does arrive here,as I also bought a stock for it..Also will buy a backpacker forearm,as the 1377 brown is not my favorite color.
Shoot the Moon.(you may need some power mods to do that tho).

DaveB50

The bolt and barrel are the only things different between the .177 and .22. That said, if you are going to a 18" barrel, you should use the steel breech also. The 2289 barrel band is the one you want for a longer barrel. A long probe bolt will make sure the pellet skirt is pushed in past the Transfer Port hole in the barrel.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

FranticFred

Thanks for the help Dave.

I had someone on another board suggest that a 2250 breech would work on the 1322 and that I should use the long bolt from a Disco.Is there an option for a longer bolt for the 1322,or are these parts pretty much interchangeable between the 1322 and the Disco?( in other words will the long bolt from the Disco fit the 1322?) I guess I didn't understand the need to go with a steel breech from the 2250,when there is already a 1322 steel breech available.

KevinP

a steel breech from the 2250,when there is already a 1322 steel breech available.

it is the same breech .... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

FranticFred

Quote from: KevinP on February 07, 2015, 11:33:44 AM
a steel breech from the 2250,when there is already a 1322 steel breech available.

There we go.That answers a question that had been clattering around in my head.I also noticed that the bolt used for the 2250B is the same bolt used in the 1322.There are actually 2 bolts numbers listed for the 2260 and 1760 (obviously the 1760 is .177 and the 2260 is .22).My question is: is the bolt from the 2260 longer than the 1322 bolt,and will the 2260 bolt fit in the 1322?I need a longer bolt for the 1322,and wondered if the 2260 bolt is longer,and if so,will it fit the 1322 breech?

Thank You Kevin for that nugget of information..very helpful!!

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: KevinP on February 07, 2015, 11:33:44 AM

X2

And use the Disco bolt, I do on all my 13XX and it makes a big difference.

This is the pricing last time I asked for the .22 bolt:
2261-002 BOLT .22CAL LONG NICKEL - $3.35 each
392LE-009 HANDLE, KNOB - $5.76 each

But what's odd is the .177 bolt is this price:
2300-034  $8.20

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

FranticFred

Thank you so very much Joe.I very much appreciate the help that you guys are extending to me.Interesting about the bolt part number.I looked up the bolt number for the 2260,and it is 2260-001.I do hope that the parts numbers that I have for the other items is correct. :)

I just watched a video on youtube about a Discovery,and it listed the bolt numbers the same as what you gave me.

Thanks again for the help.

Fred

arkmaker †

First before I forget....you can use any scope without fear of it being eaten alive on most all airguns except break barrels or should I say piston/spring guns. They have a high recoil back and forward motion that craps out the insides of some scopes. With a Co2, PCP or Pumpers like the 1377, you should not have to worry about your scope unless you drop it.

Now, you can drill out the front barrel band until you find a 2289 band. It'll work. It is how mine is set up now. That will change when I make a new brass one for it. The 18" barrel is not bad handling at all. I have had a few and I still like that length the best out of any other I had on a rifle.

Right now I have a 24" barrel in .177 and from the very limited shooting I have done with it, I like it just fine. It is a target shooter, so no problems hitting branches or stuff  ;)  Here is what it looks like and as the guys here told me the last time I had a 24" barrel on a gun...... if I miss the rat, I can just whack it with the end of the barrel  ;D  Here is a pic.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

crossliner

Quote from: FranticFred on February 07, 2015, 06:32:17 AM
Thanks for the helpful advice crossliner.I didn't understand the difference between the 3MOA and 5MOA.Thanks for that information..that saves me some grief.I did buy a Bushnell 3-9x40eg a while back when I was considering an Eskopeta.I understood that the rifle scopes don't tend to last very well with airguns,so I was looking at Red Dots in hopes of finding something that would work well,and last longer than a few months.

I will "carbine-ate" the 1377 when it does arrive here,as I also bought a stock for it..Also will buy a backpacker forearm,as the 1377 brown is not my favorite color.

Mr. Al/Armaker is right. Only them breakbarrels/springer airguns are harsh to non-airgun rated scopes. That Bushy of yours would be a much better optics vs red dots for precision shooting..I have been hunting rats for the longest time using blowguns and airguns so I know what I am talking about.

The Armscor Executive is a decent enough C02 rifle and it's designed after the venerable Crosman 160 albeit it does not use powerlets.

Another option is to go for a Mario Muli rifle. Right now he makes PCPs but iiric he does have some C02s still..He is in Luzon but ships anywhere in the Philippines. I will PM you his cp number and do not worry as he is a very decent person to deal w/.  You can GOOGLE him btw.

FranticFred

Quote from: arkmaker on February 08, 2015, 03:28:22 AM
First before I forget....you can use any scope without fear of it being eaten alive on most all airguns except break barrels or should I say piston/spring guns. They have a high recoil back and forward motion that craps out the insides of some scopes. With a Co2, PCP or Pumpers like the 1377, you should not have to worry about your scope unless you drop it.

Now, you can drill out the front barrel band until you find a 2289 band. It'll work. It is how mine is set up now. That will change when I make a new brass one for it. The 18" barrel is not bad handling at all. I have had a few and I still like that length the best out of any other I had on a rifle.

Right now I have a 24" barrel in .177 and from the very limited shooting I have done with it, I like it just fine. It is a target shooter, so no problems hitting branches or stuff  ;)  Here is what it looks like and as the guys here told me the last time I had a 24" barrel on a gun...... if I miss the rat, I can just whack it with the end of the barrel  ;D  Here is a pic.

That IS a long barrel isn't it?Cut 6" off and it might still be too long for what I normally would prefer,but I think that the 18" is within the sweet spot for performance.

Thank you also for the clarification with regards to the scope issue.That is good to hear.I actually have a Bushnell scope like I mentioned upthread,but it has rings for Weaver mounts.I suppose it is possible to buy an adaptor of some sort,so that I could still use it.?

Then again,I might investigate local air rifles like crossliner is mentioning below.A pumper and a C02 rifle...going to have to be careful that I do not overdo it. :)

Thank you for helping me understand the scope issue also.I did wonder how a scope could work for a "firearm" but not for an airgun.  :-[

FranticFred

Quote from: crossliner on February 08, 2015, 03:56:41 AM
Mr. Al/Armaker is right. Only them breakbarrels/springer airguns are harsh to non-airgun rated scopes. That Bushy of yours would be a much better optics vs red dots for precision shooting..I have been hunting rats for the longest time using blowguns and airguns so I know what I am talking about.

The Armscor Executive is a decent enough C02 rifle and it's designed after the venerable Crosman 160 albeit it does not use powerlets.

Another option is to go for a Mario Muli rifle. Right now he makes PCPs but iiric he does have some C02s still..He is in Luzon but ships anywhere in the Philippines. I will PM you his cp number and do not worry as he is a very decent person to deal w/.  You can GOOGLE him btw.

Thanks crossliner for the suggestions.I saw a youtube video available for a Nimrod air rifle made by Mario Muli.It is currently downloading so I can view it later.I'd be curious as to what he asks ($) for an air rifle like that?Any idea?When you can access the interwebs again that is.

crossliner

Yes my service provider is down for some recent upgrades..I am just using my sexy neighbor's pc right now  :D

You can use a dovetail to weaver/picatinny adapter..

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Dovetail-To-Picatinny-Profile-Adaptor-Black/dp/B007BNHFLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423369637&sr=1-1&keywords=utg+adapter

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Profile-Airgun-Picatinny-Adaptor/dp/B001CJ67E6/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423369637&sr=1-2&keywords=utg+adapter

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Optics-USA-Dovetail-Specialty/dp/B0094O358M/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423369708&sr=1-4&keywords=sun+optics+adapter

I think his PCPs are around 17k including pump..His C02s should be in the 7-8k range. His current creations are so much better than the previous ones. I already gave you his number better contact him yourself. The old man's valve system on his PCPs are very efficient btw.

FranticFred

I've been considering putting off my mods for a little while,till I decide which way to go.Maybe I am going to try and find a local rifle to buy till I decide.

I sent the wife and nephew to Baguio yesterday to try and find an air rifle of local construction/brand,but they only found one lonely ugly over priced gun,and she said that she wouldn't buy it.

I tried the number that you gave me for Mario,and also tried contacting Rodson.I sent multiple texts to both,but never received any response.May have to go to Manila after all.Or get an Eskopeta.They can't be that bad can they?

crossliner

Quote from: FranticFred on February 12, 2015, 02:47:03 AM
I've been considering putting off my mods for a little while,till I decide which way to go.Maybe I am going to try and find a local rifle to buy till I decide.

I sent the wife and nephew to Baguio yesterday to try and find an air rifle of local construction/brand,but they only found one lonely ugly over priced gun,and she said that she wouldn't buy it.

I tried the number that you gave me for Mario,and also tried contacting Rodson.I sent multiple texts to both,but never received any response.May have to go to Manila after all.Or get an Eskopeta.They can't be that bad can they?

Hi Mr. Ted nice conversing w/ you, I thought I was talking to Frank Sinatra haha!

Here is Mario Muli's landline # : (02) 643 3434..He resides in Pasig, Manila..Right now he is swamped w/ orders and and I was also told that when he is in his shop he does not take cellphone calls.

I sent you a text message just now..

crossliner

Kindly show us your your new Manlapat air rifle Mr. Ted  :-* Don't be shy  ;)