• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Advice on modding the 1377 to 1322 and an 18" barrel .

Started by FranticFred, February 06, 2015, 03:35:34 AM

FranticFred

I could use some help with a few questions regarding modding my 1377,if anyone would care to share some advice?

I bought a new 1377 here a couple of months ago.(I really should have researched before I bought it,but I didn't know you could mod these at all then).I live in the Philippines,and have a buddy that will be sending it to me here.I have recently been posting on another forum with regards to power modding my 1377 to 1322 and going with a 14.6" barrel,but at that time I hadn't read the article at Pyramid air regarding barrel length.After reading the article,I am more inclined to go to 18",as the 18" would be more effective than the 14" with regards to power.I also want to get a hypro valve and steel breech.I had been advised that the barrel and breech from a 2250 and the long bolt and handle from a Disco would fit,but the 2250 barrel is only 14.6".Could anyone suggest a Crosman model that has the 18" barrel and steel breech that will fit my 1377/1322?I don't have access to a machine shop,so everything would have to be plug and play.

On Edit:I feel a little stupid after I reread the article.That article was talking about co2 airguns,not pumpers. :-[

Still,the 18" barrel just looks b*tchin.
Shoot the Moon.(you may need some power mods to do that tho).

crossliner

crossliner

Gimme your number man got plenty of goodies that might suit your needs.

FranticFred

I'm actually American.I hope you won't hold it against me. ;D

I can probably get my friend in the US to send me parts thru visiting family members..as long as I know what they are  :).Knowing the right Crosman part numbers,and what models have the parts that will interchange is the tough part.

That is a righteous looking avatar.I was kind of considering a Red dot.I don't want to buy a scope that won't hold up.I had a red dot model picked out,all I have to do is find where I saved the link.Ha-ha.

crossliner

Oh ok Mr. Fred  :-* Here in Davao I have plenty of American friends too but most of them are priests lol! Are you in Luzon?

You have come to right place most of us here are knowledgeable when it comes to Crosmans. I still have two brand new Crosman 24 inch barrels left..They are for the 1760 and the 2260 so they will fit your pistol w/ no problem.

I will PM you in a while.

DBOdude

i've got what started as a 2289 that is now a heavily modded 1322 . really fun platforms to play with ..... just don't keep track of the cost !
you'll need ....

the .22 steel breech ....   http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-accessories/steel-breech-kit-22-cal   .... it will come with the bolt and probe . you will need to file down the rear breech screw 1/8 of an inch .

you will have to buy a 24 inch discovery .22 cal barrel and cut it down to your desired length and re-crown it . or order one from Mac1 for him to cut and crown .
crosman part # 2260SE-001
or order from Mac1    http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/product-p/crbamapr.htm
the 1322 will get more fpe/fps with 24 then it will with the 18 .

i'm not familiar with a "hypro valve" for the 13xx , but i got my flat top piston and valve from AC Customs and like it a lot .
http://www.accustommods.com/flat-top-piston---valve.html

and i'll suggest his SS pivot pin ASAP and slotted breech screw , i ya don't wanna make them .
http://www.accustommods.com/small-parts.html

Everything isn't for Everybody ......

FranticFred

Quote from: crossliner on February 06, 2015, 05:37:22 AM
Oh ok Mr. Fred  :-* Here in Davao I have plenty of American friends too but most of them are priests lol! Are you in Luzon?

You have come to right place most of us here are knowledgeable when it comes to Crosmans. I still have two brand new Crosman 24 inch barrels left..They are for the 1760 and the 2260 so they will fit your pistol w/ no problem.

I will PM you in a while.

Thanks for the offer crossliner.

I am going to try and figure out how to do an 18" barrel if I can.I just appreciate the aesthetics of that length.If it proves to be too much of a challenge,then I will have to investigate the other alternatives.

Fred

FranticFred

Quote from: DBOdude on February 06, 2015, 06:56:47 AM
i've got what started as a 2289 that is now a heavily modded 1322 . really fun platforms to play with ..... just don't keep track of the cost !
you'll need ....

the .22 steel breech ....   http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-accessories/steel-breech-kit-22-cal   .... it will come with the bolt and probe . you will need to file down the rear breech screw 1/8 of an inch .

you will have to buy a 24 inch discovery .22 cal barrel and cut it down to your desired length and re-crown it . or order one from Mac1 for him to cut and crown .
crosman part # 2260SE-001
or order from Mac1    http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/product-p/crbamapr.htm
the 1322 will get more fpe/fps with 24 then it will with the 18 .

i'm not familiar with a "hypro valve" for the 13xx , but i got my flat top piston and valve from AC Customs and like it a lot .
http://www.accustommods.com/flat-top-piston---valve.html

and i'll suggest his SS pivot pin ASAP and slotted breech screw , i ya don't wanna make them .
http://www.accustommods.com/small-parts.html

Booty Monster.Lol

Thanks for the suggestions DBO!

I read that the 2400 has an 18" barrel.I seem to be at a disadvantage tho with regards as to what will reasonably work together.I wouldn't have a clue as to where to get a barrel crowned here.I don't have the facilities...or the mental faculties to attempt that.My best chance is to stumble across someone who knows the 2400 to 1377/1322 mod.If there is anyone that is. :)

Thanks for the links as well.

Appreciated!

Fred

crossliner

Where in the Phils. are you exactly in? I have plenty of airgunner friends around the country so I might be able to help you out. That 18" length is not really a problem I can have that done in a few minutes..Our "GodFather" here owns a very well known gun shop that does top jobs particularly powderburners..

These are some of his creations...

The top one has genuine Magpul parts.

Yeah we are quite picky w/ our optics even if they cost around 3x here..That is a Sightron and a Vortex.

We commonly use LW and DBB barrels here.

FranticFred

Very interesting crossliner.I was actually considering a Eskopeta C02 .22cal rifle.The idea of being held captive to Co2 cylinders is what put me off.I even considered the Combination Co2/pumper model,but they aren't the prettiest rifle.I have a Bushnell entry level rifle scope that I was going to use on the Esko.My problem with buying anything here,is that the price is inflated 2-3 times for anything out of the ordinary (Crosman/Benjamin/Hatsan etc.I am actually considering buying a Red Dot for the 1377/1322.

I am near San Fernando Lu.

crossliner

Yes you are right about the inflated prices of imported products here particularly if they are related to airguns and powderburners..

The Eskopeta is an ugly gun sorry..I myself do not use locally made ones although there are very nice ones here..I have 3 Crosmans that I bought from your country, 2 are from the Crosman Custom Shop..I had them shipped here thru Vincent aka airgunexporter but I paid premium for them..My latest airgun is an Air Arms S500 but before that a CZ S200. The CZ is now is around $1,160..Speaking of Hatsans I think they are crap..All my friends who have them are all disappointed.

I am Bushy lover myself but I use Japan made Elites..

SF La Union is my pa's birthplace.

Mr. SSCoyote a forum member like us is an American like yourself..He was here a year ago and he brought me some Burris optics and  Weaver optics and some Levis 501 pants lol! I had the items to his home in Colorado btw. He came here for a vacation in Bicol.

If you want a red dot I can get you one from Armscor it's just P1,500 iiric and it was on sale..I bought 1 myself and gave it to my farmhand. The brand is Swiss Arms and it is identical to the BSA that is quite popular here in this forum. Just say so and I will buy you one and include the receipt. You can refund me when you get it. Oh it has a Weaver/Picatinny clamp so you would need an dovetail to Weaver/Pica adaptor.

FranticFred

I was considering this model: http://www.amazon.com/GadgetZone-Picatinny-Brightness-Illuminated-Positioning/dp/B00GSEWJZG/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423200457&sr=1-6&keywords=red+dot+scope That one has some pretty decent reviews for an inexpensive scope.

Most of my shooting will be pest related..especially rats and predatory birds that decimate my fingerling population every year.Generally speaking,most of my shooting is within 35yds or so,and that leaves the less expensive optics suitable for me.

I am going to take further correspondence to pms.No doubt the Mods here will forgive the occasional straying off topic (actually off brand to be accurate),but we have probably veered off in significant measure. ;)

The nice thing for me is the ability to have Crosman parts transported here with visiting family members.It's not like they visit every few months,but if I am attentive,I can get most things transported in luggage. 

DaveB50

Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

crossliner

Quote from: FranticFred on February 06, 2015, 11:26:23 AM
I was considering this model: http://www.amazon.com/GadgetZone-Picatinny-Brightness-Illuminated-Positioning/dp/B00GSEWJZG/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423200457&sr=1-6&keywords=red+dot+scope That one has some pretty decent reviews for an inexpensive scope.

Most of my shooting will be pest related..especially rats and predatory birds that decimate my fingerling population every year.Generally speaking,most of my shooting is within 35yds or so,and that leaves the less expensive optics suitable for me.

I am going to take further correspondence to pms.No doubt the Mods here will forgive the occasional straying off topic (actually off brand to be accurate),but we have probably veered off in significant measure. ;)

The nice thing for me is the ability to have Crosman parts transported here with visiting family members.It's not like they visit every few months,but if I am attentive,I can get most things transported in luggage.

That red dot looks identical to the Swiss Arms Armscor has. Personally at 35 yards you are better off w/ a scope and I am sure others would agree. Most of the dots are 5 moa so they are quite big and not very ideal for precision shooting. If you are hunting rats you have to hit their necks or their heads. If you really want red dots the 25mm tube Millet red dot has a 3 moa dot and it is also popular amongst our forum brothers.

Do not try to let your relatives transport barrels by plane even if they are just for airguns..When they arrive here they will be questioned and held.

Can you post a pic of your 1377? Is it still in pistol or in carbine form already?

Oh it's this red dot..

http://www.amazon.com/Millett-1X20-Riflescope-1-Inch-Matte/dp/B0002IN0WU/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1423275115&sr=1-1&keywords=millet+red+dot

FranticFred

Quote from: DaveB50 on February 06, 2015, 07:08:06 PM
Crosman Barrel part numbers
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,1884.0.html

Thanks for the link Dave.I actually saw that on the forums the other day.My question is,what else would I need to convert my 1377 to 1322?I realize that I should upgrade to a steel breech.I see that the 2400 barrel is 18",can I use that barrel and the steel breech from the 1322?Then I would need a barrel band of course.Then would the 1322 bolt and handle work,or should I go with the long bolt from a Disco?