• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

C02 PUNCTURE HOLE SIZE 2217

Started by blake.l, February 16, 2015, 05:44:24 AM

blake.l

OK, was wondering what size hole should the valve stem puncture in the C02 cart? I was looking at the cart from my custom build and was noticing when shooting one didn't seem as loud as it should be (no LDC) and just didn't seem to shoot as hard as it should. if you look at the picture the cart on the left with the tiny a$$ hole is from my Crosman build, the other cart with the big hole on the cart is from my Glock 17 air soft pistol... should the hole be bigger for the crosman than it is?

Monkeydad1969

My co2 carts have a bigger hole than the 1 on the left.  How big around is the piercing pin?
Joe
Aurora, CO.

blake.l

I'm not sure on the size... its one of Davios modded RP Valves... i'm thinking i the spring might be getting hit and in a bind by one of the back screws..

DaveB50

Two things to heck. Make sure that the rear breech screw isn't hitting the hammer spring, causing a bind. The trigger stop screw (if you have one) is adjusted too close to the trigger causing the hammer to drag on the sear.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

BillK

When I have the rear power adjuster turned out (low power) the hole is like the one on the left or smaller.
When the RPA is turned in (max power) the hole is about the size of the valve stem.  The stem seems to be smaller than the hole on the right but noticeably larger than the hole on the left. 
You probably need to shim your hammer spring.  A good spring guide will usually have a shim molded in to it.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

blake.l

I got her all figured out... I kind of knew the breech screw was binding in the spring, i could hear it hit the spring when I tightened it... I didn't think about the trigger stop screw but got it adjusted and now the cart has the same size hole as the one on the right...  :-*

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

blake.l

I just checked her out, I got approximately 46 shots out of a new cart, not bad I guess since I'm using one of Davios modded RP Valves...