• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Barrel Bands 13xx "Opps" Update 2-19-15

Started by BillK, February 18, 2015, 03:25:36 PM

BillK

I just noticed that BNM is having a sale.  While window shopping I saw they have 13xx barrel bands for a good price.  Probably going to give one a try.  Something different....
http://www.bnmcustom.com/product/bb1009/

Just realized last night that the BNM barrel bands will only fit the raised BNM breech.  They are too high for use with the standard Crosman breech.  Unless you have a breech riser the same height as the BNM breech the band won't fit. :-[

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

DBOdude

i tried shimming with soda can strips to get the stock plastic one on mine solid and it always had a little bit of wiggle left , that always bugged me . going to a solid aluminum one made the the barrel and front of the pump tube really nice and solid and looks so much nicer ! it's a very nice upgrade !!!
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Majorhavoc

I'll be the lone voice in the darkness and say that I never understood the value proposition of spending $30+ for a barrel band.  Yes, they're gorgeous.  And I suppose when you've literally done everything else to your 13xx and are still looking for something to tinker with then why the hell not. 

But really, I'm very happy with the plastic barrel band I ordered direct from Crosman to replace my 1322 front sight/stock band.  As it stands, my homebrew 14.5" Backpacker shoots better than I do, if you follow my meaning.

I'm never happy until I've spent two or three hundred dollars on a pistol. The very minimum I would recommend for the 13xx is a steel breech, aluminum barrel band and solid pump arm pin.  :)
Stranded in California.

DBOdude

the 1701P match trigger is a real nice add on to , as well as replacing the plastic grips/pump arm with wood .
i think i got crosmanitus  :-[
Everything isn't for Everybody ......