• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

anyone using a green laser ? or any laser at all ?

Started by DBOdude, March 19, 2015, 03:36:20 AM

DBOdude

i was researching lasers and green is apparently much much brighter than red and is a lot more visible in daylight because our eyes pick it up better than red , and green lasers typically makes a smaller dot than red . but ..... now i'm finding that below 60 degrees F or above the mid 90s F green lasers either don't work or fade quickly as the temperature continues to lower or rise from those points . when it's 90+ i avoid going out in the sun like a vampire , but i'm comfortable into the lower 50s with a jacket . there's a few laser sights available that are switchable between red or green for the best of both worlds . i kinda like the centerpoint red laser i've got but the w/e pots are different sizes and the windage one feels almost maxed out . and of course in fairly bright daylight it's just very barely visible at 32 feet and in bright direct daylight it's completely washed out . but when i can see it it's tons of fun ! so i wanna upgrade ....

what laser have you folks used (or are you using) and what are/were your impressions ? any particular models or brands would you recommend or suggest to steer away from . and of course me being the cheap bas... ummm ... financially frugal person that i am i'm looking to stay under $50 .
your thoughts/suggestions ???
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

crossliner

Hi Mr. DBOD..I myself can attest to the green laser's brightness even in daytime. I bought 3 from amazon but sold the other 2..Sorry they are not actually budget lasers, they are made in the USA and by now I think you already know me as a big fan of products made in your country.

They are Viridian C5L green lasers w/ built in torches.

http://www.amazon.com/Viridian-C5L-Sub-Compact-Green-Laser/dp/B003UHZHEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1426841538&sr=1-1&keywords=viridian+c5l

I have not mounted it yet though because I would like to get this mount first..I forgot to order this one when one of my relatives arrived just this month..This one is also made in the US I intend to get 1 of each versions.

http://www.tpsproducts.com/products/optical-attachments.html

DBOdude

nice looking gear crossliner  :-*
NC star is real high on my list BillK . this one ......

http://www.opticsplanet.com/nc-star-arlsg-green-laser-sight.html

...... comes in @ #7 on OP when using their "best" option for sorting their selection of 161 green laser sights . and it has three 4 star reviews with the other eight being 5 star ...
i also found a killer deal on their red/green switchable laser . i'll use a dovetail mount adapter for either since i don't want to scratch up the barrel with a mount . also considering a centerpoint and a leapers/UTG model .....
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

BillK

Davio makes a real nice 3D barrel band that will not scratch your barrel and will accommodate the laser mounting shown in the Walmart link above.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II