• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Daisy Electronic Point Sight

Started by Bud, April 18, 2015, 08:54:15 PM

Bud

I just received a Daisy red dot sight from a friend. I've seen a set of Crosman inter mount 3/8 dovetail mounts for under $10. This is a lot cheaper than a steel breech.Anybody have any experience with these mounts? ??? ???

BillK

Bud, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the Daisy sight is only better than nothing.  The Crosman mounts are just a little better than nothing.
Do yourself a favor and save up for a breech and a $50. dot sight.

You will be disappointed with the cheaper alternatives and realize why they are cheap and why most everyone goes with the more expensive steel breeches & sights.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

farrlarr

Quote from: BillK on April 19, 2015, 03:31:13 AM
Bud, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the Daisy sight is only better than nothing.  The Crosman mounts are just a little better than nothing.

You will be disappointed with the cheaper alternatives and realize why they are cheap and why most everyone goes with the more expensive steel breeches & sights.

+1!!
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

twigboy

Quote from: BillK on April 19, 2015, 03:31:13 AM

I agree and disagree  ???   Bud, if you are doing mostly plinking and short range target (not competition) the mounts and sight are fine.  Don't bump the barrel and sight around -- it'll do fine.  If you are looking for precision then no need to repeat the advice already given.

crossliner

The steel breech is so much worth the money..When mine arrived from the US I jumped up and down like crazy lol, I thought it would not arrive, it being a regulated item. Your gun will feel a lot different w/ it on, very solid and reassuring.

This was my first steel breech and red dot..

jSan22

Did that entire cheap mount and scope thing. It was horrible.

crossliner

The BSA red dot is okay although the dot size is a 5 moa and not that great for pin point accuracy..The one good thing about it is that the built in mount is reversible and can be adapted to both dovetail and weaver/picatinny rails..

http://www.amazon.com/BSA-30mm-Red-Dot-Scope/dp/B000N8MZOI

I erased the BSA marking on mine by rubbing it off w/ oil-soaked cotton because of its gold color..It ruins the black and silver motiff of my pistol so adios. I have long ago sold it or iiric I must have given it to a friend.

beerhippy

I just aquired a Centerpoint 2x pistol scope.  It is perfect for airgunning.  The rings it comes with are poor quality so I used a pair of  Millet 3/8" medium rings.  Nice neat compact setup.   Highly recommended.
Man, that was close!

arkmaker †

The intermounts were actually made and designed for the older Crosman rifles that had the barrels welded to tube, like my 114. Those style rifles were just not worth the effort to make a breech with dove tails for. The intermounts actually work just fine because the barrel does not roll. I have them on my 114 right now with a CP red dot. No wobble at all.

That said, I also tried them on a 2240 with the plastic breech. Because that stupid plastic breech basically, only holds the barrel in place by the transfer port and one tiny 4-48 screw, the barrel will wobble once you add any weight to it. I doesn't take much movement on a dot site to make you frustrated! Trust me, save up for a decent breech and mount your scope to it. A scope is much to heavy for the stock set up.

I found an old pic of the mounts and a NcStar pistol scope. Trust me, save for a good breech. I felt punch drunk again just looking at this picture!  But, I would also check on an aluminum breech from Fivestar if you are going to use a scope and want to keep the weight down. I love that breech on my 1740.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

RC1947

I agree that a steel breech is key to good shooting.  Well worth every penny, and it opens up a big world of optical choices. RC

Bud

Thanks for all the replies. Since I got the sight for nothing, and I know it's not worth a whole lot, I wanted the cheapest way to mount it. I found a set of crosman mounts on Amazon. With shipping they were $18, about half the price of the steel breech. I think I'll take everyone's advice and get the steel breech.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It only took me a little over 70 years to accept advice from those with more experience then me. :-*

crossliner

What Crosman gun do you intend to mount it on Mr. Bud? You must be careful w/c steel breech to order because there are 2 types, I mean they are the same but their screw location are not akin..

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1226441082/Why+can't+I+do+this---

Bud

I have 1322, from what I can see it is a newer model with 3 screws in the side plate. I wish someone would have told me how addicting this can become. For the money I've spent SO FAR, I could have had my rifle barrel rechambered. Now I will have to wait until this is done, if ever. On the up side I'll get more use (fun) out of this gun then any other gun that I've owened ;D ; :-*.

crossliner

Quote from: Bud on April 21, 2015, 04:07:40 PM
I have 1322, from what I can see it is a newer model with 3 screws in the side plate. I wish someone would have told me how addicting this can become. For the money I've spent SO FAR, I could have had my rifle barrel rechambered. Now I will have to wait until this is done, if ever. On the up side I'll get more use (fun) out of this gun then any other gun that I've owened ;D ; :-*.

If so then what you need is the old style breech Mr. Bud..It is the one that when the bolt/probe is retracted the small allen breech screw is visible.

Yes sir it is addicting and expensive like all hobbies are  :)