• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

estimating velocity

Started by Bud, June 21, 2015, 05:51:27 AM

Bud

Since purchasing my $40 1322 I probably have close to $300 altogether in it. Being on a fixed income a chronograph is out of the question. Does anybody have a way to make an educated guess as to the velocity increase from a stock 1322. I have added an Alchemy RP valve, Boss Port, heavy hammer spring, steel breech, and 24" barrel.  My SWAG would be something over 600 fps with 20 pumps and a 14.3 Crosman pellet. Anyone have a formula?" ???

'

agninja

Only way to tell is to do a penetration test. Maybe do it in a bar of soap or something.
Black air pistols matter.

dannyboy

If you have "smart phone" there are a few chronograph apps that work ok.
Chrono Connect is what I use and was within 15fps of a Chrony when tested.

dan

Bud

Thanks for the suggestions ;)

jSan22

Quote from: dannyboy on June 21, 2015, 02:18:48 PM
If you have "smart phone" there are a few chronograph apps that work ok.
Chrono Connect is what I use and was within 15fps of a Chrony when tested.

dan
how do you get yours to work? Ive had it several times and could never get it to work.

Bud

I refuse to buy a phone that's smarter then me.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

dannyboy

Quote from: jSan22 on June 21, 2015, 08:45:35 PM
how do you get yours to work? Ive had it several times and could never get it to work.

It is a bit fiddly to make work:
I found the distances need to be measure very accurately to the barrel end and the target.
Keep the phone at least 1 yard from the muzzle and about 15 yards from the target.
Use a "loud" target, something that makes noise when hit, I use a steel plate at an angle to the ground.

Dan

agninja

Another thing you could try. I had an airgun shop in my town and never even knew about it for several years. They have a chrony of course. You can take your gun there and give it to the guy and he will chrony it for free. That was at Airguns of Arizona.
Black air pistols matter.

K.O.

1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

oconeedan

Those are all good suggesions, I like KO's suggestions.

Post where you live, maybe there is someone near you with a chronograph.  In fact, there probably is, you just have to find them.  Go to local gun forums too.  Archery shops usually have one, you'll have to provide something to shoot into as they don't want your pellets in their archery targets.  Maybe gun ranges, both indoor and outdoor. 
Dan
Diana 54
Daisy Red Ryder
Crosman 1322

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

spider1960

Try Airsoft gun shop also....they checked my grandson's airsoft gun.

Spider

Trophyhunter49

Get on ebay , I found my chrony on there for 40.00 !  :-*

Bud

Mudduck48 Thank you, I think, Damn the more I read this forum the more money I spend. I guess I'm an airgunaholic. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D