• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 Crosman barrel

Started by Poorman Plinker, September 23, 2015, 06:29:42 PM

Poorman Plinker

After many mods on 2240 platforms I have ended up with a few spare 7.5 inch barrels to play with. First thing I noticed was the sharp edge on the breech face (in firearms that is the outward surface of the chamber).  8)

The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

1377x

Another reason for us to mod our $60 guns into $$$
closed mouths dont get fed

DBOdude

all those 13xx/22xx/discovery barrels can be made more accurate by polishing the lead and some need to be recrowned .
are the current new barrels still coming with streaks along the inside length of the barrels ? and is the first inch or two behind the crown on .22 barrels still sometimes boogered ?
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Are you saying the pellets were frightened ? You should post some pictures.  :)
Stranded in California.

Poorman Plinker

Scar - Scare? Breech - action? Chamber - leade? OK every discipline wants their own jargon but after years working with firearms the airgun community has me stumped.  ???

Now that you want to call the action a breech.... what do you call the breech? Now that you want to call the freebore the leade... what do you call the leade? To me it is frightening  :D that we need to correct scaring to scarring but will ignore breech and leade  ;).  I may be dyslexic, and that may seem worthy of derision, but I do know to call a spade a spade. 8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

Poorman Plinker

Not having a burr and not wanting to spray grit or change dimensions I used drill bit rod stock and semichrome which is a low grit polish to burnish the freebore and to cut a leade into the rifling. I used a .222 spiral concrete bit that I covered with vinyl tube for the freebore. The vinyl acts as a drill stop and provides a smooth surface for the drill chuck. I cut the end off of a 3/32 (.218) HSS bit and rounded the end to burnish a leade into the rifling... it does not take the entire edge of the rifling off just rounds it a bit. I also have vinyl tube on it to act as a drill stop. I do not want the pellet sliding down the barrel just want to take a bit of resistance off the pellet when pushed in by hand.  8)

Quote from: Poorman Plinker on September 24, 2015, 02:27:00 PM
Scar - Scare? Breech - action? Chamber - leade? OK every discipline wants their own jargon but after years working with firearms the airgun community has me stumped.  ???

Now that you want to call the action a breech.... what do you call the breech? Now that you want to call the freebore the leade... what do you call the leade? To me it is frightening  :D that we need to correct scaring to scarring but will ignore breech and leade  ;).  I may be dyslexic, and that may seem worthy of derision, but I do know to call a spade a spade. 8)
I was just attempting to be humorous. Your reply is strange. Did you not publish a book about air guns ?
Stranded in California.

Poorman Plinker

LOL I two was trying to be cheeky  ;)
However, I wish that compiling a compendium of terms was the end all and the be all of my research. Even using the most common firearm/airgun terms still leaves me with difficulty in describing things to a group that uses multiple terms for the same pieces... and when working on projects I find myself having trouble describing process' in "correct" terminology.
You would think something as straight forward as the size of a screw could get concenses (sic) ???  but it does not LOL.  ;D ;D
A dictionary is a document that continually needs revision and editing so I will continue to ask the stupid questions  8) I figure every too years I will need an new edition as I only spent 4 years collecting the terms for the first edition.  8)