• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

just a random whine

Started by kb2rocket, December 09, 2015, 12:07:56 AM

kb2rocket

I was working on my 1377 trigger and like a fool I took the safety apart man it was quite a challenge getting that tiny detent ball back in place without launching and losing parts  :P

Quote from: kb2rocket on December 09, 2015, 12:07:56 AM
I was working on my 1377 trigger and like a fool I took the safety apart man it was quite a challenge getting that tiny detent ball back in place without launching and losing parts  :P
Put grease on the ball and spring and it will stay in there.  :)
Stranded in California.

bgmcgee

Also take the trigger frame off, insert ball and spring in appropriate slot and reinstall trigger frame.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

After you put a little grease on the ball and spring. Like he said. :-\
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

paddlejockey

Quote from: bgmcgee on December 09, 2015, 02:29:58 AM
Also take the trigger frame off, insert ball and spring in appropriate slot and reinstall trigger frame.

Yep... this is about the easiest way.  I did manage to get one to fall in place without taking the trigger frame off -- only once.  Tried several times after and couldn't get lucky again. 
Sent by carrier pigeon to a server farm located in a secret bunker deep in the mountains of NW Florida.

KevinP

I superglue the spring and ball , that way I lose both at the same time .    :)  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

JMJinNC

If I don't feel like taking the frame off, I put the safety in fire mode and clip a clothespin on the exposed safety pin. Then everything else can be removed an the pin holds the ball/spring in place.

JMJ
John

RC1947

My solution was to toss the ball and spring into the trash since I never used the safety anyway.  RC