Can't stand pumping.

Started by Hinecken, January 02, 2016, 04:56:33 AM

DaveB50

At the distance your shooting you should only need 3-4 pumps on your 1377, same as adding a power adjuster on the 2240. That's what makes them neat, the farther you shoot the more you pump.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

T191032

Quote from: Hinecken on January 09, 2016, 07:22:11 AM
back to my original hatred of pumping, has anyone tried out the mellon air power adjuster?  Since I'm converting to CO2 and will only use it for patio pistol, My next task will be upping the shot count.  From my reading, the 2300 valve spacer and the power adjuster are my next two mods.  Unfortunately I'll have to wait until Monday to call Crosman for the spacer.

Yes, have both.  The Mellon Ajuster is better overall, with that "bling" factor you look for.  Just follow his instructions for ordering on his webpage.

It's been a while since I last checked velocity, but you can see some of the chrono results -

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,2865.msg37308.html#msg37308

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,3842.msg37688.html#msg37688

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,3844.msg37690.html#msg37690

Edit to Add :

A Close Up of My Mellon Ajuster -

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Hinecken

Wow, you guys are great.  I appreciate all the info!  The Mellon adjuster comes out to $13 shipped, you really can't go wrong at that price. 

I realize I only need 4 pumps to get the job done at 5m, but I'd rather do less pumping and more shooting.  That's why I got into this, to shoot.  Not pump.  Question about CO2, once you put in a powerlet, do you have to use the whole thing in 1 sitting?

edit: PM'd arkmaker about that power adjuster.  How can you beat that price!

rangerfredbob

If you read the manual yes, but that's to keep their lawyers happy to keep them out of liability, if everything works like it should, it should stay usable for weeks to months...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Hinecken

That's what I wanted to hear!  It's nice to sneak out during the 2 minute warning for a quick 12 shots on target.  Was afraid I'd have to plan out my shooting time better. 

So I'll have the spring from a 1377 and 2240 on hand, I assume they're the same.  Hopefully I'm able to purchase that adjuster and it hasn't already been sold.  With those items and some mods like cutting a spring, I should be looking at 60 or so usable shots from what I'm reading?

Rualert

That sounds about right, however I would get a couple of the smaller transfer ports from Crosman like the Challenger, and the target model pistol, (I'm brain dead and can't remember the model). I may have a post here, if not Bob (fsterne (spelling)) from Air Gun Home wrote up a concise, detailed post on building a self regulating 22xx pistol on CO2 at target speeds.

Casey

Hinecken

The transfer port is the one piece I didn't order yet as Id like to research it more.  I'd love to find that article.

As of today, I have on the way:

Complete 2240 CO2 assembly
Improved Fiber Optic front sight
Mellon Air PA
2300s Valve Spacer
2240 Barrel Band

Should be well on my way to a better target gun. 

And some RWS R10 7gr

Hinecken

Got my stuff from Davio today!!  Came completely assembled, and took me 10 minutes to put everything together.  Getting quite a bit of flyers so far, but I can tell you it's 1000 times better than pumping!  Hoping the flyers are due to me cleaning the barrel when I had it apart as well as not detuning the setup yet.  So far I'm liking the improved fiber optic front sight.  Helps protect my new crown too.   Hopefully the Mellon adjuster will be in the mail tomorrow.  For now I think I'll clip a spring coil.