• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

A question to jog your memory... Re: Trigger frames.

Started by MavStone, January 07, 2016, 08:04:23 PM

MavStone

Hi all,
Does anyone have or know the change timeline for the 2240(and alike) trigger frames. I am noticing a slight differences between castings on various aged 2240's. It seems that they have changed their castings when they went to the plastic side cover plate.
I am in the process of producing precision fit wood grips and when I did a test fit from the old style (zinc side plate) to the newer style (plastic side plate) they did not match up.

So, I guess I'm wondering how many times they've changed their castings.

I will be putting grips up on eBay in the next week or so and really don't want to confuse the customer with more options than are necessary.... plastic or metal side plates

Thx!
---- Keepin' it simple ----
Accuracy - Power - Styling

Gary

Can't answer your question, but I am interested in a set of grips for the new style and that doesn't have a thumb rest. Any links to pictures for your grips? Thanks.

1377x

Its been mentioned before about the difference between the 3 screw and 2 screw side plates. I believe the 2240 only used those 2 trigger frames unlike the 1377 whose earlier versions used the 130/150 Frame then a frame similar to the early 2240 but it was hollow i call it unlike the solid frame below the grip screws of the 2240. Even the custom shop frame changed,iirc, they used to remove the casting line. The last i heard they no longer remove ths casting line.
Hope this makes sense. If not hopefully someone chimes in with more knowledge . There used to be pics here of the different frames
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

MavStone

Quote from: Gary on January 07, 2016, 08:12:42 PM
I am interested in a set of grips for the new style and that doesn't have a thumb rest. Any links to pictures for your grips? Thanks.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your interest in my grips. At this time, as I am working the bugs out the this trigger frame issue. As of yet, I don't have any of the "new style" grips made. I will get some out as soon as I can.
However, I'm starting to get quite a collection of misaligned sets.  :(  Hopefully I will have grips ready by next week.
As far as photos, I'll post a link here as soon as I get them posted.

Gary

MavStone

Quote from: 1377x on January 07, 2016, 09:05:50 PM
Hope this makes sense. If not hopefully someone chimes in with more knowledge . There used to be pics here of the different frames
Thx 177x...
mudduck48 posted a link from awhile back and there it explains it completely.

MavStone

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 07, 2016, 09:34:00 PM
I looked in our search and this is what I have found so far.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,4231.msg41591.html#msg41591

Thx mudduck48,

This was exactly what I was looking for...
It looks like I will be making grips for both styles of trigger frames for those who know what frame they have they have. And I'll also a make a more universal set for those less picky.

MavStone

It's time to reprogram the cnc...

MavStone

Hinecken

Those look awesome!  I've been looking for an unfinished set of grips that I could stain or oil myself.  Sign me up when you're ready.  I definitely have the new style plastic on my 1377 soon to be 7740.

MavStone

Quote from: Hinecken on January 07, 2016, 11:42:48 PM
Those look awesome!  I've been looking for an unfinished set of grips that I could stain or oil myself.  Sign me up when you're ready.  I definitely have the new style plastic on my 1377 soon to be 7740.

Thx Hinecken!

Are you looking for the Crosman "new style" grip or are you referring to the style I already have in the works?

Gary

They really look great. :-*  But, I'm looking for a set without finger grooves and preferably without thumb rests. I know I'm an oddball, but if you ever make any plain Janes please let me know.

Hinecken

Quote from: MavStone on January 08, 2016, 12:05:08 AM
Thx Hinecken!

Are you looking for the Crosman "new style" grip or are you referring to the style I already have in the works?

plastic side plate style, unfinished would be ideal. 

MavStone

Quote from: Gary on January 08, 2016, 12:09:09 AM
They really look great. :-*  But, I'm looking for a set without finger grooves and preferably without thumb rests. I know I'm an oddball, but if you ever make any plain Janes please let me know.

Thx for the compliment!

I don't think that's such an "oddball" request. I have had a few people wanting that style.

I will make up a set models and scan it in the 3d scanner and post a picture of it here before I put it into production.

I will also be offering a custom grip service in which you can shape your own grip out of easily shape-able blanks that I supply, send it back to me and I will send you back a set of your custom grips in the wood of your choice (Black Walnut, Maple, Mahogany or any other species of wood and hard synthetic materials).