• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Nearly Free Trigger Slop Removal for 13xx xx40 Pistols

Started by Hinecken, January 12, 2016, 04:35:34 AM

Hinecken

I posted this on GTA, and would like to put it here too.  Hope it helps someone else out.

I've seen this mod done similarly, but it involved drilling, tapping, presses, lathes.. How about we just MacGyver us up a simple and permanent fix for that horrible forward slop on these triggers.  This mod assumes you've already shimmed the trigger and sear properly to remove any side to side play in the trigger group. 

**MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK**

First you'll need one of these pens.  It's a Bic.

You'll need to remove the guts to get to the actual ink tube and spring.  The spring will have double coils on both ends, cut one of the ends so it looks like the photo.  Over a garbage can, and wearing gloves, remove the actual metal pen tip part from the ink tube and discard it.   Now remove the plastic plug the metal pen tip was in and put it to the side.  Discard everything else and wash your hands.  You will need to sand/file/cut down the fatter end so it looks like the photograph.

Now for this next part, you will need a small file, or dremel tool.  I prefer a hand file because you don't want to cut too much off.  Slowly file a small groove into the trigger in the location you see in the photo.  SMALL GROOVE, the width of the spring wire or less. 

Assemble everything as shown and test the tension.  You absolutely do NOT want too much tention.  Just enough to have the hammer touching the sear.  Too much tension will push up on the sear and lighten the trigger pull.  You can adjust the spring tension by crushing it several times with pliers.  If there is still too much pressure, cut off another coil.   Once you set it, you can forget it.  It will stay in place and keep the trigger against the sear. 

Hope that helps.  Feel free to ask any questions. 

Monkeydad1969

Cool. :-*

I just used an o-ring on the trigger pin bar to stop the slop.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Hinecken

I tried that, but it added too much friction on the trigger for me.  I worked pretty diligently sanding nylon spacers just right so there was no play side to side, but also little friction.  Maybe I just didn't have the right size o ring.  Whatever works right?!

bgmcgee

Great idea. I removed all the slop from mine by going to the p-rod trigger group. Like you said what ever works  ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

quickster47 †

FOR a simple DIY mod to the trigger it looks great.

Got another new 2240 coming tomorrow and may just give that a try before changing out the trigger assembly for the 1701P type.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

TennX

When the CCS guns are relatively  a cheap platform, whey do some folks opt for the 2240...I have a bone stock 2240 with just a brake...but also have a 2400KT ....and more CCS guns in my future..

Hinecken

Fun.  Simple.  I enjoy tinkering AND shooting.  I could have absolutely just bought a CCS pistol and be done.  Then I would be bored.   I enjoy picking the parts that go into the gun and love finding simple solutions to things.  For an example I have a bone stock CZ 452 that will keep up with my Ruger 10/22 all day long.  I've speant a mind-numbing amount upgrading the ruger to do what it does.  I still grab the Ruger first everytime we go out and leave the CZ for guests.  That is more "my" gun.  Same as this will be.

Hinecken

Quote from: quickster47 on January 12, 2016, 06:40:39 PM
FOR a simple DIY mod to the trigger it looks great.

Got another new 2240 coming tomorrow and may just give that a try before changing out the trigger assembly for the 1701P type.

Carl

it took me longer to type the original post than to do the actual mod.  Makes a big difference in my opinion.

quickster47 †

Quote from: TennX on January 12, 2016, 07:14:00 PM
When the CCS guns are relatively  a cheap platform, whey do some folks opt for the 2240...I have a bone stock 2240 with just a brake...but also have a 2400KT ....and more CCS guns in my future..

Well, because they are relatively inexpensive, loads of fun to mess around with, and you get a real learning experience.  Most of the mods we like to do are also not always available on the CCS guns.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

agninja

A number of ways to do this. On my 2240 I glued a tiny piece of foam to the upper right portion of the trigger on that little nub that sticks out. It takes up the space between the frame and the trigger, but has enough play and softness to not be rigid and allows a small amount of movement. Then you don't have to worry about upward pressure on the sear and accidental discharges if you are running a sensitive trigger.
Black air pistols matter.

Hinecken

That's what's great about these pistols as a hobby.  There's a million ways to do all the mods to these guns so each person's pistol becomes very unique.   :-*

Flex

I had to run down to the "Man Cave" and pull my 1377 out of the bunker to check just how much "slop" that my trigger actually had. To be honest, I hadn't paid that much attention to it. Well, of course. there was some "slop" and now I have to do something about it ;). This is an effective, efficient and economical mod that is super-easy to do :-*. As with many of the mods that we post here on the forum, there's always room for tweakage  :o. In this case, I'm thinking that filing some "flats" on opposite sides of the plastic piece that holds the spring in the grip frame may add some stability and prevent any unwanted movement. Great mod, thanks for sharing !
Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

onebaddj

Nice idea. Like a few others i used nylon washers sanded to thickness to take out side to side slop but this could actually work very well to help compensate for a heavy hammer spring. A heavy spring helping push the trigger up may make it easier to pull the trigger when using the havy springs and high pressures. Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.