• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

PCP carbine- what calibre?

Started by srbsmartie, February 29, 2016, 03:38:36 AM

srbsmartie

So my 1322 based 9mm has served its purpose, and I have decided to leave my 2240 a .22.
I already have a good start on parts for a pcp build, I have a Disco tube with fill adapter, max flo Disco valve, 1701p grip frame and internals, and the big bore breech from the 9mm build. I would like to have as large a calibre as possible with my breech, which likely means 9mm again. I want to use it for hunting, mostly wild hog, killer squirrels and any inanimate objects that look menacing. I may end up getting a Cothran power house valve later on, but for now the max flo will do.
Question 1, how big do I go? I will probably be using a TJ's barrel liner so that will limit the choices a little. If anyone knows of another barrel supplier that uses 1/2" diameter barrels i am open to suggestions.
Question 2, what stocks? I was thinking of a PRod fore stock and an M4/AR buttstock and adapter

Thoughts?

Craig

quickster47 †

Quote from: srbsmartie on February 29, 2016, 03:38:36 AM
Question 2, what stocks? I was thinking of a PRod fore stock and an M4/AR buttstock and adapter

Thoughts?

Craig

Craig,

Here is an idea for a stock I made using the Crosman 1399 stock and some other parts.  It works super, has a great cheek weld, and is quite  adjustable to fit most shooters.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

srbsmartie

Carl that stock looks pretty cool, the only reason I had not considered the 1399 stock was because it was too short. It never occured to me to modify one to fit better.
1377x, I looked at LW barrels and like them but the .35 cal barrel is .710 inch diameter, I would have to find a machinist to turn it down to .499 inch (plus or minus a thou). That is still an option as there is a gunsmith a few miles down the road from me.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Craig

1377x

If going with a .25 find a green mountain marauder barrel they are .50" od needs minor modding to line up the ports in a Crosman breech
closed mouths dont get fed