B&M multishot breech is on order! Its here! And done!

Started by onebaddj, March 08, 2016, 07:55:13 PM

quickster47 †

Yep that BNM breech goes real good on any of the guns it fits and makes for a darn fine shooter when finished.

Enjoy your new toy.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

onebaddj

Ok so this thing has me beat for today. Got the disco front 1/2 boss rear half valve installed, drilled filed got the jds adapter on, put the bnm breech on, functional check is good. Guns cocks, gos off when i pull the trigger now its time for the leak check and the 12 oz bottle has the wrong flipping fitting on it! Dam thing wont release the pressure. So then i rip the breech off throw it on my 2400 so the son could at least shoot it and got it all set up and the scope wont clear the magazine! Get different rings take it out side load the mag and no pellet exits the barrel! 4 more shots and its feeding, air is exiting, where could they be going! Well turnes out i did not have the barrel seated all the way. I tightened the breech block then installed the barrel. Turns out i need to instell barrel then tighten the breech block so 4 pellets were in the breech block! Rip it apart get all that cleared out cycle a mag then back down stairs to show off to my son. He fires one he fires 2 oh no we are on a roll! He dosnt cock the gun all the way pulls the trigger then nothing so he cocks it again now double feed the again as i yell no! Stop! Shooting as he chambers a triple feed! So it is on the shelf for tonight. Triple feed in one gun the other is in 100 peices. When the gun runs it runs nicely though. 90% tuning issues not mechanical or poor build quality. Once i get all the ripples smoothed out i am sure it will be awesome!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

quickster47 †

Quote from: onebaddj on March 25, 2016, 02:04:31 AM
Ok so this thing has me beat for today. Got the disco front 1/2 boss rear half valve installed, drilled filed got the jds adapter on, put the bnm breech on, functional check is good. Guns cocks, gos off when i pull the trigger now its time for the leak check and the 12 oz bottle has the wrong flipping fitting on it! Dam thing wont release the pressure. So then i rip the breech off throw it on my 2400 so the son could at least shoot it and got it all set up and the scope wont clear the magazine! Get different rings take it out side load the mag and no pellet exits the barrel! 4 more shots and its feeding, air is exiting, where could they be going! Well turnes out i did not have the barrel seated all the way. I tightened the breech block then installed the barrel. Turns out i need to instell barrel then tighten the breech block so 4 pellets were in the breech block! Rip it apart get all that cleared out cycle a mag then back down stairs to show off to my son. He fires one he fires 2 oh no we are on a roll! He dosnt cock the gun all the way pulls the trigger then nothing so he cocks it again now double feed the again as i yell no! Stop! Shooting as he chambers a triple feed! So it is on the shelf for tonight. Triple feed in one gun the other is in 100 peices. When the gun runs it runs nicely though. 90% tuning issues not mechanical or poor build quality. Once i get all the ripples smoothed out i am sure it will be awesome!

Welcome to the reality of being an airgunner, dad, gunsmith, dad, and a whole list of other things.  :P

Some days you're the bug and then some days you're the windshield.  :D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

tinker

Been there myself trying to show my partner how to cycle the bolt correctly with the BNM setup!  Makes life very interesting to say the least!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: onebaddj on March 25, 2016, 02:04:31 AM
:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Sorry ! That sounds like some of my LUCK !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

onebaddj

After a shower and some grub i went out cleared the jam, turned the power adjuster out to make it easier to cock and ground down the top of a barrel band so we could put the forarm back on it and have a bipod on the front again. I think ill throw the hawke varmint scop on it for him so we can get the correct eye releif and still have 2 rings holding it down.

Getting it all worked out.

onebaddj

So i finally got the bnm breech installed and running nice and smooth, only thing is i had to put it on my 2400 ccs that i have dont alot of work to already. So now my son is rocking a ccs 2400 22 cal, with 18 in barrel, tko ldc, hawke varmint 3-12 scope, tko 1911 trigger and completely worked over trigger setup that has 0 slop in it and the bnm breech. Pretty nice set up for a kids bb gun.

I am still trying to get the bulk fill setup done on the 2250. On the jds adapter there is no center pin to press the stem on the co2 bottle i have. So i had to drill a spot in the center of it where the bottle screws in, cut off about an 1/8 of an old dremel tool bit and jb weld it in the hole. Should be dry and ready to try today. If it pushes the pin in the center of the valve i will be able to leak check the gun. If it dont then back to the drawing board. Either way i will not be able to run the tko break on the bulk fill gun. Just not enough room unless i get a 24 inch barrel. Even on the 18 inbarrel the 12 oz co2 tank is to close to the barrel and long enough that it hits the tko break.

Ill take some pics and post them up today.

ped

only problem with the jds block is that it doesn't have a pin to open a pin valve
one other solution is to use an inline rap 4 on/off valve but sounds like you've got it sussed now
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

onebaddj

So here is a pic of the fix. Mounted the bottle and it worked! Booya! But the gun leaks so i think i nicked the oring on the valve when installing it. And yet another issue reared its ugly head! With a stock breech i had to remove the barrel so i could install the bottle. It will have enough clearance with the bnm breech but not the stock one.

Now for the cool part. I had the gun cocked so i pulled the trigger and the valve actually pushed the hammer back hard enough to recock the gun! Oh man so there i was pulling the trigger on a little full auto burp gun. With no barrel it was stupid loud but made me laugh! Oh the potential that can come out of failures.

And i have a bottle with the valve like you mentionedbut its a20 oz bottle. When i run the 12 oz out of co2 i may switch the valves out. May not. Right now all is working with that part. Just need to fix the leaks.

quickster47 †

I hate it when you get a leak after painstakingly putting the whole thing back together for the umpteenth time.  Hopefully it is just a nicked O-ring and nothing more serious.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

tinker

Air leak, hate those.  The only good thing about air leaks is that you get really good at disassembling and reassembling the airgun.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

quickster47 †

Quote from: tinker on March 28, 2016, 11:02:18 PM
Air leak, hate those.  The only good thing about air leaks is that you get really good at disassembling and reassembling the airgun.

Glen

Ain't it the truth! ;)

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

onebaddj

At least i was smart enough to replace all the old screws with new hex head screws. Will get to it this weekend. Wife works so will have all weekend to wrap it up.

MaxPow3r

I am really enjoying reading about your saga and can't wait to see how both guns turn out (assuming you work over the 2400, too). I have been having difficulties with the little things i am working on so i am enjoying reading about you overcoming your obstacles. Good luck!
MAXPOW3R

onebaddj

Glad everyone is enjoying the rants and problems. Lol it seems like everything is a pain in the but most of the time but just gotta keep chugging along and figure it out.

Once i get the bulk fill part sealed up and running i will transfer the bnm breech back over to it and put my 2400 back together maybe with a new valve. I have had a ss valve from unsafe gadget for a long time just sitting waiting on a gun. Now that the 2400 Is ripped apart i have a reason to install it.