• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 Picatinny Rail Add

Started by quickster47 †, March 13, 2016, 03:50:35 AM

quickster47 †

With so much gun stuff available that uses the Picatinny rail system I thought it would be 'kool' to make up something that would work on the basic Crosman 2240.  It can also be made to work with other 22XX guns with a little modification or mechanical creativity.

Incidentally, the rail is named after the Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey, USA. The Picatinny Arsenal's role with the rail was to test/evaluate it and to create a military standard for it.

Anyway, I ended up using a composite rail made by Magpul.  It is light, stands up to much abuse, and is relatively inexpensive.  I purchased my units from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-MOE-Rail-Section-Black/dp/B003F6N88M/ref=sr_1_17?srs=8898652011&ie=UTF8&qid=1457228442&sr=8-17

I also used a barrel band from the Crosman 2250 series of guns.  This barrel band was made for attaching a forearm and has been used on several Crosman guns.  This is the part number for the 2250 Barrel Band #2250-007 and the last time I ordered they were in stock.  I drilled and tapped the barrel band for a 10-32 screw and used two 10-32 x 1/4" button head screws to secure the rail.

I only had to make one custom piece and it attaches to the front of the trigger frame and supports the rail in the rear.  I did have to trim the rail about 3/16" in the back so the 8-32 trigger frame screw would fit.  You will also need a slightly longer 8-32 front trigger frame screw to accommodate the custom support piece.  This custom piece is also tapped for a 10-32 screw.

A few pictures showing my work are included.  The last picture is a few of the Picatinny accessories I have used on my 2240.  The Center Point video camera is a really neat device for tracking your shots.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

oldgearhead

J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

CraigH

Nice balanced look.  The camera is interesting.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

LJ808

Thank you so much for this thread. I desire to do something similar with my 2240 and was ignorant of the advantages of the 2250 barrel band. I had hoped to free float the barrel and go without a barrel band. Now, I need to be more creative or follow your work. Decisions decisions.
2240 build in progress
1077 build in progress

"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." Brendan Behan

Monkeydad1969

That does look good.  Can you post more pics with the rail in use?

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

quickster47 †

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on March 24, 2016, 02:53:10 PM
That does look good.  Can you post more pics with the rail in use?

Joe

I'll get some pictures today and post them.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

oldgearhead

I think I'll get one of these Hawke 7.2 inch adapters to move my scout scope to the scout position on my PC77. Has anyone tried this model?
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?