• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

resizing

Started by Crosshairs, April 12, 2016, 02:23:59 AM

Crosshairs

Guys its been so long i forgot what we use to resize pix. for a Mac.
    Thanks
         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mudduck48

That's OK, we forgive you. Keep working on it, you will get it back. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

bgmcgee

I just use postimage.org to host pics and just link to it.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BigErn

I'm using Photobucket now for my pics. I lost all my old ones from Imageshack  >:(

Crosshairs

Rualert

Croshairs, I too use postimage and I'm on a Mac, and sometimes use a Winders machine too. Before I upgraded out of the Power PC chipped Macs, I had a copy of Photoshop for Mac, and used it first to save nice large pictures for the "web" option to reduce the file size, then uploaded to Post Image. Haven't stumbled on anything I like enough to use a tool on my Air, guess I should take another look at Gimp, heard they have really brought it up to speed.

Casey

Crosshairs

Thanks Casey ill give it a try. My Dell took a dump on me so I'm not sure if anything will work on it any more.
         Mike

Rualert

Mike, Post Image should work on any platform, and I have used it on both Windows and Mac. There is a "Don't re-size my picture" option, and it works great. Then after you upload the file, it provides you with several options for different forums, and thumbnail options. I have found that the forum links work well. Some forums need one link, other a different, that's where the Preview button here on the forum comes in handy, if the first link does not show up properly, or the way you want, you can try one of the other options until you find what you want.

Casey

Crosshairs

Thanks guys i will have to see what one works bets.
           Mike

DaveB50

Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

twigboy

I use my iPhone.  Snap the photo, email it to myself and it will ask to resize it then.

Crosshairs

twigboy it worked thanks a lot.now i can start posting some new guns you guys haven't seen yet.
      Mike

USMA-1982

With Mac you can resize photos using "Preview" - first you have to create a new folder (I call mine "working" and placed it under "Pictures" in Finder) and then export the pics you want to resize from Photos or iPhoto.  Then right click on the pic in the new file, open with Preview and select "Adjust size" under the "Tools" drop down menu.  It's a little cumbersome, only God and Steve Jobs know why that functionality isn't already built into the Photos app, but it saves having to use a 3rd party app or a website.  The resized photo remains in your "working" file but you can rename it and then import it back into Photo if that's where you want to store it.  I also use my working file for uploading to Photobucket because I can't seem to upload directly from Photos.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

Crosshairs

Ok I will try that too thanks.