• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 Barrel

Started by sw1115, May 02, 2016, 01:43:08 AM

sw1115

I'm looking to set up my stock 1377 pest control. I want to go to a 14"-16" barrel. My question is, is it worth it to order form Mellon or Alchemy or should I just order a Disco barrel when I order my other parts from Crosman? Or is there a better choice? I have a lathe and mill so cutting and crowning are not an issue.

Thanks
Skip

If you have the tools I would recommend purchasing the barrel from Crosman (20.68 last march). All the barrels come from there.  :)
Stranded in California.

quickster47 †

What Art said is the best answer and your best choice since you have the tools.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

targettgii

If you have the tools you will get exactly what you want buy the Crosman barrel. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

sw1115

Thanks for the replies. I'll pick up a .177 and .22 on the next order.

Ken

From what I've read it appears that most people cut the Discovery barrels at the muzzle end and recrown the barrel. I'm guessing that the barrel isn't choked. It was my understanding that the L/W barrels were choked. With the new L/W 14.6 barrels coming out in May (hopefully this year) is it worth waiting for or is there not enough difference in accuracy between the stock and L/W barrels. Or is it possible that the only way to get L/W barrels will be from the custom store and not the parts store?

Ken
Ken

bgmcgee

On another forum Chip from Crosman said the lothar barrels are custom shop only. To bad i would like to get one of each too.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

sw1115

Would there be another place to get the LW barrel?

bgmcgee

If you have the ability to machine them then order it directly grom lothar walther.

CraigH

I just looked up the Lothar Walther website and looked at air gun barrels.  Seems to be $112.00 for 23.8" barrels of four different external diameters - .390", .470", .590", and .630" in .22 caliber; add .354" and .550" also in .177.  All with choke and listed as blanks, so I assume need chambers cut.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

sw1115

I would imagine they don't have a transfer port either. That would have to be drilled after the cut and chamber operation is completed. does anyone know the reamer size for a .177 chamber. Also I could use a recommendation on a flat top piston.

Skip

sw1115

Looks like only the large diameters are in stock in .22 and .177

Skip

1377x

I thought the lw barrel came on the 2300 target pistol also. Its priced like a lw barrel
Can anyone confirm it is lw? Thanks
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

Yes those are l/w barrels but only 10".and .177 only. 

1377x

They work good in a 1377. Im using a 10.1" lw barrel in my 1377. As far as 14"-16" looks like it will have to come from LW and be machined
closed mouths dont get fed