• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

pellet q's

Started by RinCG, July 03, 2016, 05:22:13 PM

RinCG

My foray back into pumpers and .22 caliber (specifically)has left me wondering what pellet people have found most consistent and precise in their .22's?
Running mine through the chrony this a.m. to verify my numbers from last night(yup, right on) I had a few Chp's fall straight through the barrel. PeeWees for sure.
Can't help believing the flyers I get are indeed caused by the pellet not the gun or shooter. It may be that the low 3's deviation # could be better still.   
I have pellets in .177 that are stashed specifically for each of my springers, but other than locally available .22 Chp in the tins no selection other than that.
Am going to get an order rolling and want to narrow down a few "best" choices that others have found precise.
TIA     

bgmcgee

I don't have a .22 pumper other than a 1400 but it seems to like the 15.8 g jsb's and tbe 16 g air arms. My 2260 seems to like the 14.3 jsb's.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

You are going to have to spend some money to find out what pellet you gun likes. What are you going to use the gun for? Targets, hunting or plinking? My 1322 build likes the Gamo match pellets. My 2260 build likes the high dollar pellets. Buy a bunch of different pellets, season your barrel and go to testing.  ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

RinCG

Quote from: bgmcgee on July 03, 2016, 05:32:24 PM
I don't have a .22 pumper other than a 1400 but it seems to like the 15.8 g jsb's and tbe 16 g air arms. My 2260 seems to like the 14.3 jsb's.
14.3 JSB is one that I had decided as a choice, so am glad the 2260 you have has a preference for them. Pretty much the same barrel.

Quote from: mudduck48 on July 03, 2016, 06:48:05 PM
You are going to have to spend some money to find out what pellet you gun likes. What are you going to use the gun for? Targets, hunting or plinking? My 1322 build likes the Gamo match pellets. My 2260 build likes the high dollar pellets. Buy a bunch of different pellets, season your barrel and go to testing.  ;)

This will be more hunter than plinker/target.
I know very well about the gun decides the ammo, when I find an acceptable pellet I buy a bunch.
I have 49 full 10 can sleeves of.177 JSB Exact 8.44 for the HW30 & 50S, plus 20 10 can sleeves of older Beeman
FTS 8.64 for the 97 alone. Another 12 1250ct boxes of Crosman CPL for the 98. The Sheridan likes the JSB 13.7gr .20 and Benjamins so I have a bunch of those.
Then there is the 12 tins of UltraMags and 8 tins RWS SuperMags for a couple (now) clunkers. Add to that several "try em" tins that have a few dozen out of each. Could say I am afflicted with bbgunitis. Like I said trying to "narrow down to a few best choices" lol I ain't skeert to buy tins of several brands, weights and head sizes...you bet yer bippy I'll be testing a few  ;) maybe I'd be better off spending another $12 on a .177 barrel huh?  :-\

onebaddj

For 22 the hn 14.66 ftt, jsb 15.9, predator 16, and jsb 18 gr usually shoot very well. I have never had good luck with crosman pellets. If you want a little heavier pellet, crow mags and barracuda hunter extremes are nasty under 30 yards.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.