• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 put together

Started by JC1, July 04, 2016, 05:59:16 PM

JC1

I finally got the parts I ordered for my 1377, a steel breech, red dot sight and new forearm. All installed and the red dot sight is working pretty good but I bought a cheap one from Crosman and I got what I paid for so can't complain.  :) Reworked the trigger with 22 short casing in spring and it helped still Crossmans trigger. On the 1377 the new forearm and steel breech are definitely good, the Crosman red dot sight is usable but I should have paid a little more and got one a little better. All in all everything is going well with the changes

Did not realize how quickly old arms wear out so I ordered the 2240.  Now the wait.

RinCG

Yep, the pumpers are a bit of work. They are dependable and accurate though. With the exception of needing carts for the 2240, you'll find them the same minus the the Gold's Gym workout. 

JC1

I definitely do not need the workout now. At 82 I find that the heart is not as strong as it used to be. I think that I will enjoy tinkering with the 2240 in the basement and changing a few items. I am blessed to still be able to do some of these things so can't complain. God has been good to me! I ordered the steel breech and gero red dot sight with it. Does any one know anything about the Gero sight? The reviews were good on it but the killer was the statement at the end of the review was that they recieved a discount for the review. Just hope they gave their honest opinion

KevinP

The Gero sight comes with a  Built-in Weaver-Picatinny Rail Mount,
the steel breech has a dovetail rail so you will also need an adapter.
I like this one ,

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Weaver_to_11mm_or_3_8_Dovetail_Adapter_2pcs/4148
Kevin
Albany, New York

JC1

Thanks Kevin
I just ordered the adapter. What is funny is the shipping cost was almost as much as the part  :)
Thanks again for the help

JC

KevinP

Quote from: JC1 on July 06, 2016, 04:45:41 PM
Thanks Kevin
I just ordered the adapter. What is funny is the shipping cost was almost as much as the part  :)
Thanks again for the help

JC

Well the shipping is  a cost of doing business ...

Kevin
Albany, New York

oldgearhead

Cost less from China, if you can wait a couple of weeks. Most are made in China so shipping is only one-way:

www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Picatinny-W-3-8-11mm-Dovetail-To-7-8-20mm-Weaver-Rail-Adapter-Mount-New-/281766001677?hash=item419a8ffc0d:g:-MUAAOSw9N1VwbgJ
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

JC1

I realize the shipping cost is just part of doing business and I was not complaining about it. I could have ordered somewhere else and paid less but to me it was worth the little extra to get the part promptly. Not wanting to start an argument I was just stating a that I thought it was funny.

I appreciate all the help I have recieved about the parts and where to obtain them. I want to thank each and every one who has helped me starting to put this pistol together and I will be asking for more advice as I go along. As one can see I am a newbie so I will make mistakes, but they are not intentional as I do not want to offend anyone. Again thanks for the help.

JC

oldgearhead

Quote from: JC1 on July 07, 2016, 03:03:02 AM
I realize the shipping cost is just part of doing business and I was not complaining about it. I could have ordered somewhere else and paid less but to me it was worth the little extra to get the part promptly. Not wanting to start an argument I was just stating a that I thought it was funny.

I appreciate all the help I have recieved about the parts and where to obtain them. I want to thank each and every one who has helped me starting to put this pistol together and I will be asking for more advice as I go along. As one can see I am a newbie so I will make mistakes, but they are not intentional as I do not want to offend anyone. Again thanks for the help.

JC

Believe me, the intent of the China reference was to point out the the unfair advantage China has over American companies with much lower labor and shipping expenses ...

J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?