2 stage trigger for a 2300kt

Started by SouthernBoy, September 29, 2016, 01:50:28 AM

SouthernBoy

I have been playing around with my new toy, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a 2 stage trigger for a 2300kt.  It has a lothar walther barrel, and it is .177 cal.  I know I can give the trigger a good polishing and play with the spring to make it shoot easier, but I know if I do that, I will still get a 2 stage trigger down the line.  So I might as well go for it.  Plus it would be my first mod on this pistol  ;D

I only had the gun a week, and I can already tell I have to get my wife a pistol so I can have mine back.  Looks like this can be an expensive hobby.   
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

mr007s

The 1701-p grip frame from Crosman is what you seek. Around 40 couple bucks the last I checked.If you have custom grips they may require some inletting work on the inside.

BillK

^^^X2^^^
Without a doubt the best trigger available for any Crosman.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

CraigH

I agree, very good mod.  Using the 1701 grip assembly will require a new or modified original striker (hammer).
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

DaveB50

You can fill the waist gap on your original hammer with JB Weld putty.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

SouthernBoy

Thank you for the info on this mod.  I will have to do see if I can find some tutorials it to see if it is within my skills to tackle this. 
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

oldgearhead

Quote from: SouthernBoy on September 30, 2016, 02:09:41 PM
Thank you for the info on this mod.  I will have to do see if I can find some tutorials it to see if it is within my skills to tackle this.
It's a simple one to one replacement for the 1701 trigger and handle group (2 screws). DON"T loose the safety and/or safety spring. The hammer is more difficult because it involves the, also easy to loose, transfer port when the barrel is removed in order to remove the cocking pin from the hammer.
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

Old Dog

If you don't want to redo your hammer/striker using liquid steel, Rich at Ye Ole Airgun Shoppe machines an excellent hammer for the 1701 grip assembly stainless steel and great finish, very reasonable, Rich is Arkmaker on our forum :-* :-* :-*

Bill :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

SouthernBoy

I had some time to look at the 1701p grip frame today, and it is a very nice looking trigger assembly.  And I see why you use the 1701p trigger since it is a Very good Gun.  I love the 2 adjustable screws for the first and second stage.  I think I will try this mod, but it might be a while once I do some more researching, and get that second job that I see myself needing for my new hobby  :D.  Does Rich have a web site, or do I just need to get in touch with him by PM?

Also, what can you get the trigger pull down to in pounds?  And do you know where I can find a tutorial on doing this mod?  Never hurts to see the steps someone else has already done before I start.

I do have custom grips, Walnut Target Grip(left handed), and was wondering how much inletting was needed on the grips to fit onto the 1701p?
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

mr007s

SouthernBoy

Thank you 007 for the links.  That is just what I was looking for. 
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

crossliner

Quote from: mr007s on October 01, 2016, 04:44:36 AM
This link will get you up to speed on the hammer mod: http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10655.msg131723.html#msg131723

This one will take you to Arkmakers site: http://yeoleairgunshop.yolasite.com/

Mr. 007, do you still have those C02 caps? I left my brass and ss versions in the Philippines..Both are for the 2400kt, btw. Would like to at least have 1 piece in ss although I do not have a Crosman pistol atm but you will never know..I am into powderburners currently..Also, I have made New Mexico my permanent residence. Thanks.

mr007s

Quote from: crossliner on October 01, 2016, 03:42:43 PM
Mr. 007, do you still have those C02 caps? I left my brass and ss versions in the Philippines..Both are for the 2400kt, btw. Would like to at least have 1 piece in ss although I do not have a Crosman pistol atm but you will never know..I am into powderburners currently..Also, I have made New Mexico my permanent residence. Thanks.

No Sir I sure don't, wish I did. I quit the caps a long time back. I retired in early 2015 and enjoying the good life. New Mexico is a great place to live, plenty of open land to explore and enjoy.
mr007s,,,,,Life is Good

crossliner

SouthernBoy

Well, I finally got my 1701-p grip frame and in the process of installing it, I do not have the correct size Allen wrench for the screw under the bolt(trying to take out the hammer to modify it with JB weld).  Any idea what size Allen wrench it is?  Hopefully tomorrow, I can go and get one. 
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT