2 stage trigger for a 2300kt

Started by SouthernBoy, September 29, 2016, 01:50:28 AM

CraigH

The little breech screw in the loading port requires a 0.050 allen head wrench.  Make sure to get the wrench fully into the screw before attempting to remove it. 
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

SouthernBoy

Wow, I never knew they went that small.  Smallest Allen head wrench I have is 1.5mm.  Any suggestions on where to pick one up?  I cannot seem to find any doing a google search.  Thanks for the help CraigH
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

CraigH

Most SAE sets have a 0.050" as the smallest size.  Note - do not use ball-end allen wrench on this screw.

Here is a partial set:

https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associated-6950-Allen-Wrench/dp/B0006NAMLI/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1480033520&sr=8-29&keywords=allen+wrenches
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

SouthernBoy

ahhh....  I see the problem, when I saw .050 I thought metric, not SAE  :-[.  Thanks for clarifying that for me CraigH.  Guess tomorrow, I will be fighting the black Friday crowd to get a little bitty allen wrench  :(
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

KevinP

Quote from: SouthernBoy on November 25, 2016, 03:35:19 AM
ahhh....  I see the problem, when I saw .050 I thought metric, not SAE  :-[.  Thanks for clarifying that for me CraigH.  Guess tomorrow, I will be fighting the black Friday crowd to get a little bitty allen wrench  :(.

Just go down to the local hardware store, they will have it...
Kevin
Albany, New York

SouthernBoy

Finished installing the 2 stage trigger, and it feels ALOT smother and lighter pull.  Was hoping to shoot it today, but I ran out of daylight.  Hoping for a nice and quiet day tomorrow to play around with it. 
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

arkmaker †

Your going to love it once you get it set just right for yourself  :-* :-*
I have mine set for a long 1st stage. It comes to a positive stop.....and then all I need to do is think about it and it breaks the 2nd stage....BAMM!   Made my crappy shooting skills a lot less crappy, but you do have to think about stopping at that first stage stop. Seems every time I shoot it after a powder burner session, I pull right though it for the first 4-5 shots until I realize I'm not shooting a high recoil pistol  ;D Love it!

Still, though as light as mine is set, I have never seen any set as light as Carl had his (all his shooters)! When I got the 1701P and MRod from him, I could not control them! So light was the pressure! Then the Edge came from him.....same damn thing. I asked him about it and he just said that was how he preferred it.. very light touch on that old fella  :-*  For me, I had to stiffen them up a tad.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22