• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 Brass Pivot Bolt?

Started by Armstrong, November 12, 2016, 09:23:20 PM

Armstrong

I saw one....... once. For sale. Yesterday or the day before. Two brass nuts on a brass rod. Very tidy. Not exactly rocket science. But nice!
I'm looking for a simple brass pivot bolt for the arm and it's driving me insane.
I can find countless stainless steel, blued steel and black.... but when everybody else sells Brass grub screws, brass breeches and brass trim... I get to the pivot pin ( I hate that weird rolled steel thing) and its a blank.  ???

I've looked at the supplier links in here but I cant find those fine tuned parts. Did I miss one? I can't believe it isn't in here somewhere.
Thanks.  :(

bgmcgee

The thing with brass is it is a relatively soft metal. I would think it wouldn't hold up well as a pivot pin. Steel would be a much better choice.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

This is the one I use. They are made by one of our members here on the forum. He goes by Davio. He also ships to the UK, no problem. Really nice guy to deal with. Tell him you are a member here on the forum. Go to members list and fine "Davio" and send him a PM. He also has a lot more parts to fit the 1377. Check him out. ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DESIGN-STAINLESS-STEEL-ROLL-PIN-REPLACEMENT-for-Crosman-1322-BackPacker-ETC-/301028540188?
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

Quote from: mudduck48 on November 12, 2016, 11:40:46 PM
This is the one I use. They are made by one of our members here on the forum. He goes by Davio. He also ships to the UK, no problem. Really nice guy to deal with. Tell him you are a member here on the forum. Go to members list and fine "Davio" and send him a PM. He also has a lot more parts to fit the 1377. Check him out. ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DESIGN-STAINLESS-STEEL-ROLL-PIN-REPLACEMENT-for-Crosman-1322-BackPacker-ETC-/301028540188?

And yes, he does have brass screws for the SS roll pin.  So, all you see is the brass screws.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

CraigH

Good idea - strength of steel with brass cosmetic.    :-*
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

o-townFLA

Very true about the softer metallurgy of brass. I made one myself and only lasted 8 pumps... I then made one out of stainless steel and it's holding much better...

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

ped

make mine out of silver steel and harden them
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

CraigH

Have not heard that British term, "silver steel", since reading Lawrence Sparey years ago.    :-*
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

Armstrong

HAH!  THAT's what I saw....

Quote: "And yes, he does have brass screws for the SS roll pin.  So, all you see is the brass screws."

And thankyou for posting that warped brass bar. Nasty. But, knowing brass, I thought they would use gun metal, or, whats the other one, tin alloy or something, toughens it. Cast parts/brittle.  I don't know.

But you're quite right. Internal Steel, with cosmetic brass screws.
Now all I need is something  I can mic up the size of required parts. 

Many thanks Craig, Ped, O-town, Mudduck, Bgm, Bill, for all your help. Its informative and impressive.
Neil.