• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Help with Crosman pellet tin !!!

Started by Old Dog, April 29, 2017, 01:13:02 AM

Old Dog

This sounds stupid but I bought a tin of Crosman Premier .177 7.9 gr hollow points at Walmart and I can not open the tin, 2 of us with threaded container opening tools attached to the tin could not open it, any answers besides destroying the tin  ??? ??? ??? 
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Weiand

I had that problem with the Crosman tin of 14.3g .22's
Litteraly had to put the tin in the vise, but not hard enough to crush it, then a monkey wrench on the lid an reef on it quite a bit to get it to break free.
After that, it screws on and off with ease.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

mr007s

Have not tried this but read it on a forum somewhere. Place tin in freezer and chill it for a few hours. Use the handle end of a kitchen butter knife and tap around the edge . Report back on the results.

KevinP

I have  destroyed a few ..................
Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

I have a strap wench and a big pair of vice grips, works every time. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

cobalt327

Crazy how hard some of these tins are to open! Luckily the lid unscrewer thingamajig I installed under a kitchen cupboard works on these stubborn things.

Trophyhunter49

I have taken a small screwdriver and worked it in under the lid and worked it around till I got it open. The best thing is to give it to a child and they can open it real easy for you ! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Old Dog

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on April 29, 2017, 03:10:22 AM
  I have taken a small screwdriver and worked it in under the lid and worked it around till I got it open. The best thing is to give it to a child and they can open it real easy for you ! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wish I still had kids at home, you are right they can do amazing things ;D ;D ;D

Old Dog

Hey Trophyhunter your small screwdriver suggestion  worked and I can still screw the lid on and off  :-*

THANKS Much and Thanks to all those that gave suggestions :-*

Trophyhunter49