2400KT Success

Started by dow, May 13, 2017, 06:23:25 PM

dow

Nailed the first starling with the new 2400KT this morning. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the bird, but Carley, the old momma cat was suitably appreciative.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Al2COy1EizMLoW1GxeJuOcI_skHf
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.

Flex

Quote from: dow on May 13, 2017, 06:23:25 PM
Nailed the first starling with the new 2400KT this morning. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the bird, but Carley, the old momma cat was suitably appreciative.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Al2COy1EizMLoW1GxeJuOcI_skHf
Hey there Dow. Glad you are already putting your 2400KT to one of your stated primary uses. That's a nice lookin' air gun! FYI, I'm pretty sure that the moderators will frown upon pics of dead animals (especially ones that you've dispatched with your pellet rifle) :-X. The fat and happy momma cat was fine tho.

I was going to reply on a previous post of your's RE: 2240 -> modded carbine/rifle vs CCS 2400KT but it was kinda old and you had already ordered from the CCS. The only comment that I was going to make was that you missed out on some of the "fun" of seeking out the parts to build a "DCS" (Dow Custom Shop) .22cal pellet rifle.

I went the DIY route. My "build" is very similar as you can see.
I did drop back to a .177cal barrel and installed a Pressure Adjustment Assembly aka "Power Adjuster", to get more shots per cartridge. I have a scope instead of that primo Williams peep sight and mine lacks the forearm grip. I did "tune" the trigger which I suppose you will have to do also if the internals of a CCS build are the same as an "off the shelf" gun.

We don't have starlings (at least a problem with them) or a fat momma cat to clean up the evidence ;), but we do have a family of squirrels that just might start gettin' a bit nervous about some of the clan making an early trip to rodent heaven  :o. I won't be postin' pics of that either ;).

Again, glad you're liking what you purchased. That's what it's all about!
Flex

Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol