• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 1399 Stock

Started by quickster47 †, January 01, 2011, 07:22:09 PM

mcc1961

I got my stock fixed with some of the mods.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on March 04, 2012, 02:04:36 AM
I shortened a 1399 stock when I was working on my 1740 FT gun.  I cut the stock and the make a jig to keep the two pieces parallel while I ground them to my desired length.

Here's a couple of pictures so you can see what I did. I have more if you need to see them.

Carl
nice work quick!
did it start an as stock or 1399?
when i get a chance i am going to shorten mine
now that i know the center is solid or did you have to fill it?  ???
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

The center of the stocks I shortened were 99% solid.  The first one I drilled and tapped and installed metal threaded inserts.  The next one I just drilled and tapped and had no problems with the material holding the threads.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

quickster47 †

Not a problem.  Glad to help.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

screwwork

quickster47,

How much did you shorten your stock overall?

mcc1961
Sweet little pellet holder you have their, pretty cool

quickster47 †

Quote from: screwwork on March 04, 2012, 03:39:39 AM
quickster47,

How much did you shorten your stock overall?

Probably 1/2" when all was said and done.  The Morgan adjustable butt pad added a little of the cut off length back in.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

screwwork

Quote from: mcc1961 on March 04, 2012, 02:44:05 AM
I got my stock fixed with some of the mods.

Did you fix the cheek-rest to the rifle with the wooden mod the OP proposed, or some other way? 

mcc1961

I just cut some pieces of the foam pipe insulation and made spacers out of them.Not as solid as wood but it works.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

JEBert

Randy,
I cut mine in a miterbox just ahead of the butt and took 2" out of it (at 90 degrees from the top or upper leg of the stock).  Then I held the upper leg of the stock and the heel of the butt back together and in line as best as I could and drilled a pilot hole through the butt and put a 2" Deck screw in it.  Then I aligned the toe with the lower leg of the stock (it took a little bending) and drilled it for another deck screw.  Then,  I loosened the screws a bit to put some Gorilla Super glue in the joints, tightened the screws back up, and wiped off the excess glue.
Those legs get thicker as they go forward so I had to do some sanding on them to get them even on one side.  Actually, one side on the top leg and other side on the bottom leg due to the way I held them in alignment.  I'm planning on trying some light sandblasting to even up the look where I sanded on it.
LOP is now 13.5 but it brought my eye right up to the 3" eye relief for the Bug Buster.  1" would probably be enough for most folks but I have a shoulder problem from a couple of bicycle wrecks and a broken right collarbone.
I have a Tippman 98 collapsible stock on another gun.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mcc1961

I sanded my stock a little bit so the paint would stick better and then sprayed with truck bed coating.I also painted the forearm on my 1377 with it also.You can really get a firm grip on it with the Rust-oleum $8 a can at WW.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

JEBert

I have one set of 1389 forearm and stock painted with Rust-Oleum Truck Bed coating and I like it.  However, I want this one to stay the original green.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

does this mean no more stretching the neck to get proper eye relief when using a leapers 3" eye relief scope??

The ATI cheek rest is an excellent idea for this rifle.  This is especially true due to the need for high scope rings to allow room for loading the Crosman 22xx series pistols.  A little research shows that the cheek rests are currently available from ATI.  Interestingly, the space inside the cheek rest is designed to hold the SKS cleaning kit.  Order placed.  Thank you, everyone, for all of the great information posted here.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/accessories-and-parts/247-sks-cheekrest.html