• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cobra Airguns Venom breech contest

Started by DaveCAG, March 29, 2011, 10:07:11 PM

DaveCAG

We should have 8 to ship this weekend next will be a run of 200.

We have a Air gun writing competition where you can win a full Cobra Venom Pistol

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/articles_air_guns_s/435.htm

Also someone ask me if we could send out a pistol for review
Where we would send it to one person then they would write a review and send it to the next.

Is anyone interested ? Please post below

quickster47 †

The forum administrator on the Green forum arranged a deal with Crosman for a 1701P.  Folks then signed up to receive the pistol and then write a review on the pistol.  I was second to review the 1701P and my review is here on this forum also,
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3119.0

If you want to coordinate this with me I will start it and then get the first 10 folks that sign up to participate.  More than ten and things tend to get stretched out way too long.  Here are the rules we will use:

A Cobra Venom pistol will be made available for several of our forum members to play with for a week and the user is expected to abide by the following rules.

1. The recipient of the air gun must agree in advance to ship it to a new member at their cost, either by FedEx or UPS, and forward a tracking # to the responsible person (me) as well as the new recipient who is waiting on the item. Please do not ship by any other method. Tracking is important!

2. Each recipient must agree to post some kind of review, either positive or negative, listing their likes and dislikes of the item being reviewed. This can be done either in written form, or with a video, it's up to you.

3. Time in hand....please do not keep the item for any longer than 7 days. I understand that work schedules prevent playing with the item as soon as possible, but we need to keep the item moving on to new members for further input.

4. Ammo.... Some ammo will be included in the first shipment, and hope that folks will not use every bit of it before sending it on to the next destination. If the item arrives without ammo, the new recipient is tasked with obtaining ammunition for their evaluation.

5. If the item disappears while in your possession, and you cannot provide a receipt of having shipped it on to the next person, or a police report detailing the circumstances of its loss, I will be sending you a bill for the item! Failure to pay for the item you lost will revoke your membership and posting privileges on the Crosman Air Pistol Owner's Forum. If the shipping company lost it, then you are in the clear.

6. You must leave the item in factory condition. No modding, no taking it apart. If something goes wrong with it, we'll return it to Cobra so they can evaluate the problem in an effort to fix any problems with production units before they happen.

#5 may sound a bit much, but if all goes well, we may have the opportunity to look at some more expensive items down the line. No guarantee of that, but we need to show that we are responsible individuals who are here to help Cobra and airgunning in general with our honest opinions, responsible handling of merchandise, and our inherent integrity and honesty when playing with toys that aren't ours!

For now, I need to reserve this program to US Residents only.

So, if you would be interested in having the Cobra Venom pistol visit your place in the coming weeks and months, please respond below AS WELL AS emailing me at the following address:

cquick2@earthlink.net

Okay, that's pretty much it.  Let me know what you think of the idea.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bdb12586

Can't wait to here the reviews from this. I really want one of these, so glad venom decided to do this :-*

eric

i would like a shot a this for a review .things like this should happen more often i think . will you be at the connecticut airgun show in june ?
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

NorthStaR

Great idea. I look forward to reading all of your reviews, can't see international shipping to UK happening - understandably.   :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

arkmaker †

Oh yeah, I'm interested! That's one bad whamma jamma of a pitola you got there! Would love to give it a shoot if you decide to do it :-*
Rich

PS....
best part? Co2 repeater  ;) case closed!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

BTW, I forgot to mention I sure mine is one of the eight you'll be shipping this weekend.  That would make next week something to really look forward to.  Otherwise it will be ho-hum with nothing more exciting than my new Marauder pistol arriving.  Sigh...

Carl

And some outdoor sports...

In Omnia Paratus

bdb12586

Quote from: quickster47 on March 30, 2011, 04:11:20 AM
BTW, I forgot to mention I sure mine is one of the eight you'll be shipping this weekend.  That would make next week something to really look forward to.  Otherwise it will be ho-hum with nothing more exciting than my new Marauder pistol arriving.  Sigh...

Carl

And some outdoor sports...

oh poor carl only a new p-rod to play with :(

DaveCAG

Don't forget you can win a Cobra Venom Pistol!!

We have a Air gun writing competition where you can win a full Cobra Venom Pistol

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/articles_air_guns_s/435.htm

the old guy

Should I know you weren't kidding when you said you had to have one. But I'm awful glad that you found a way to fill in all of your spare time. Since you're going to be making up the list perhaps you might consider taking bids. You know raise a little extra finances to pay for your new project LOL. I kind of figure you'd be one of the first to do a report but I certainly didn't think you were going to get this involved. One things for certain you'll certainly know who to put on the list to get good and accurate feedback. Being new to the sport I think being able to read and see real-life reviews from ordinary people makes buying that particular product a lot easier. I did not mean to put our forum of experts into the class of ordinary people, just a figure of speech you know LOL.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

arkmaker †

Oh hey, I'm pretty ordinary a guy. I think.. Like trucks, guns, dogs, baseball and girls, not always in that order  ;D ;D

And BTW: this forum rocks!
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

aka_hank

Hay I saw on the site that it will be available in 177 and 22 , but is there any chance it will ever come in .25, maybe

DaveCAG

Right now we are busy making .22 then .177 with bolt on each side
We need to make changes in size of the bolt and the block for .25
Plus Crosman at this time has no .25 barrels we can use so we are in search for one

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/cobra_venom_breech_p/venom-2240-breech.htm

DaveCAG

Web site: Cobra Air Guns
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/air_guns_for_sale_s/386.htm
L.I.F.T. : Long Island Field Target
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Field_Target_s/359.htm

quickster47 †

Personally I don't like the breech with the bolt option for each side.  They are never smooth and it looks dumb.  And I'm sure you did this because you are trying to save money on machining costs. If this is the way you are going to offer them then I will be canceling my order.

And you can call me silly or weird but that is just way I feel and it's my money I am spending and why buy something destined for trouble from the start.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

Hi Carl,
I think it was either or not both like the CB breech. I think Dave said to sppecify Right or Left. (now I know why I got such a good deal on the CB breech from you  ;D)

"The breech will be sold in two ways pistol where the bolt will be on left

And for the Benjamin Discovery, Crosman 2260 and 2250 air rifles where the
bolt will be on the right like on the video

If you are left handed and want it for a pistol buy the rifle breech."

Rich