• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Ok PA didn't want to take my order but Airgun Depot did.... AND BETTER!

Started by Capt. Thomas, April 23, 2011, 07:39:10 PM

Capt. Thomas

In my other little rant post I was upset about PA not wanting to ship a complete order to me via USPS.
So I started hunting around and I called Airgun Depot. Not only was USPS Priority mail ok with them, when I told the fella about the long drawn out no USPS issue with PA, he matched the PA price AND GAVE ME A 10% discount!  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

So I am now the proud owner of 2 $30 ea 1377C's, extra goodies and 2000 rnds. of ammo  :-* Too those of you that PM'd me and offered to have the PA order sent to you and then you would forward it to me via USPS...... I thank you so much! It's not always easy to get companies to ship to active duty out side the Cont. 48. In this case it turned out better!

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

62Falcon

Good to hear you finally got your goodies ordered! Have fun with them!

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Crosshairs

Glad to hear you got your stuff Airgun depot is a good place to shop. i use them too.But i must say i never had a problem with PA yet lol.I cant understand why they would not send you a order usps .I could have something to do with a contract with Fedex you never know.
                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

packrat

Glad to hear you got it done to your satisfaction :-* :-* I would suspect that PA has a contract with Fed-Ex that calls for them (PA) to use fed-ex exclusively......whatever the case--- you got 'er dun !!

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

Nate

good for you  :-*
i stopped ordering from PA because if that, i live in canada and UPS always charges me a brokerage fee to come over the border, and it is about $30- $40!

mr007s

Crosshairs

I also think the post office wont mail airguns im not sure,i have recived them by mail but not from a store.I guess if you dont tell them what it is you can get away with it.
                         Mike

roachcreek

The post office will in fact mail air rifles.

I have a two person, progun attitude post office here where I live and they are very coopertive and give good advice and take the time to research for me. 

Bottom line is they will ship rifles, but their superiors say they are not supposed to ship air pistols, the regs say if a handgun  uses any means of propelling a projectile, including air, you can't ship it even tho by federal definition it is not a firearm.

But I was also told what they did not know did not matter, but packages sometimes come open so that does not work for me.

Fedex on the other hand will ship anything it seems, The UPS Store on the other hand needs to be disbanded.

I am glad you got your shipment.

Crosshairs

Capt. Thomas

Yea I think I will dig out the DMM (USPS Domestic Mail Manual) and check the regs on air guns. I am pretty sure that they (the USPS) are required by federal law to follow ATF regs. If that's the case, then an air gun is a airgun and is a non-firearm.

As for PA and any other company that has those type of customer service and shipping policies (contract or not), they are going to loose big on me and people like me. I'm about ready to retire and I'm going back into the shooting sports. Big big loss from me...... good for Airgun depot and others that are more open minded!

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

quickster47 †

roachcreek, that is some good information.  My local post office in Monterey is also pro guns and they will ship anything.  My guy always asks if it is packaged well enough to survive it 'accidently' coming open.  He says it is best to triple warp them, which I do.

Thanks for sharing that info.

And good luck with your upcoming retirement Capt. Thomas.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

packrat

The only problem with NOT using PYRAMYD AIR is that you'll end up having fewer choices and will end up paying more in the long run.....that's a fact ..Sure, sometimes others will beat PA on this price or that, but overall PA has a much LARGER selection, and the LOWEST prices of them all.
  The international shipping thing is UPS's fault --THEY are the one's charging so much...NOT PA :)  One nice thing about it is that here in US we have LOTS of choices..probably more than any other country in the world :-* :-* :-*

chiefs50

Quote from: packrat on April 24, 2011, 07:32:03 PM
The only problem with NOT using PYRAMYD AIR is that you'll end up having fewer choices and will end up paying more in the long run.....that's a fact ..Sure, sometimes others will beat PA on this price or that, but overall PA has a much LARGER selection, and the LOWEST prices of them all.
  The international shipping thing is UPS's fault --THEY are the one's charging so much...NOT PA :)  One nice thing about it is that here in US we have LOTS of choices..probably more than any other country in the world :-* :-* :-*

Well, I don't know but I got both my  1377 and 2240 from Amazon.  Both were cheaper than Pyramid, AND shipping was free.  Hard to beat, IMHO.

62Falcon

Quote from: chiefs50 on May 02, 2011, 01:11:47 AM
Well, I don't know but I got both my  1377 and 2240 from Amazon.  Both were cheaper than Pyramid, AND shipping was free.  Hard to beat, IMHO.

+1

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

packrat

Good deal ;) ;)  But buying 2 pistols is not what I had in mind when I siad "in the long run "  How quickly would Amazon take those pistols back and send you replacements???  How many pellet choices do they offer?  I've bought 15 new air rifles in the past 17 months,(not counting pistols) along with thousands of dollars worth of other accessories...Pyramyd Air has proven to me to be the best....but like I said ,,,one of the great things about the USA is all the different choices we do have :-* :-* :-*