• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

turning a 2240 into a 1740 for a 2 in 1 gun

Started by oletom, May 04, 2011, 01:37:54 AM

oletom

welll I'm thinking of turning my modded 2240 in to a 1740 and make it a 2 in 1 gun...I would get a .177 breech and barrel and then mount a holographic site on a UTG adapter on the new breechand leave it on so I wud have the same setup on both the 2240 barrel and the 1740 barrel....I am wunderin if anyone has done this an if so to what degree of success...my 2240 is shooting 590fps so I am thinking the 1740 should get close to the 675 +......any thoughts?    my thinking is all I have to do is change breech and barrel back and forth and both will be sighted in always

eric

you really don't need another breech .just a .177 probe for the .177 barrel and a .22 for the .22 barrel .as far a velocity goes i can't say except it depends on barrel length and temperature
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

oletom

reason for replacing the breech is so I can leave the red dot sight on each breech's, so all I have to do is remove the breech screw and the rear sight screw so everything comes off breech,  sight & barrel...that way it should stay sighted in for each caliber, at least thats what I'm hoping....unless there is somethling i am not understandng

quickster47 †

Are you going to continue to use a barrel band?  Personally, for a shooter like that I would definitely use a barrel band because the only thing holding down the front of the breech is that little bitty 4-48 screw.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

oletom

Quote from: quickster47 on May 04, 2011, 02:55:14 AM
Are you going to continue to use a barrel band?  Personally, for a shooter like that I would definitely use a barrel band because the only thing holding down the front of the breech is that little bitty 4-48 screw.

Carl
ya, on the barrel band, I'm using one now also......ur dollar is in the mail carl, thanks.....Carl are u using stock spring in ur pro-top? what about the blue dot spacer?

quickster47 †

Quote from: oletom on May 04, 2011, 01:55:55 PM
ya, on the barrel band, I'm using one now also......ur dollar is in the mail carl, thanks.....Carl are u using stock spring in ur pro-top? what about the blue dot spacer?

Tom I've tried it both ways, with and without the spacer and could tell no discernible difference.  I have also used a lighter spring that I picked up from Home Depot.  It is only slightly lighter compression wise but again I could tell no noticeable difference.  I did not do a detailed test using one of my chronys but there appeared to be no difference seat of the pants wise.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †