• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Called Crosman

Started by Crosshairs, June 24, 2011, 11:41:37 PM

Crosshairs

I called Crosman today and ordered parts i asked what was the delay on parts orders alot of people i know say parts take a long time to get to them,she said we build custom guns and all parts go to the custom guns first and then parts orders are sent out.I also asked whats up with the new 760 and the c51 she told me once the 760s in stock sell out they will start selling the new 760 and that the C51 wont be out till fall. >:(  >:(  >:(
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

millipede

ive been waiting to get my breech kit for over a month. i called customer service and they told me they are handmade and that they had to recall the entire batch they just made because someone messed up. theyre remaking them all now.

AZAG

How long have the steel breechs been unavailable?

ayerstg

Weird.  I got 2 SBPK 1377s recently - maybe 3 weeks ago?  Same week I ordered them.  Wanted a 2240 for one, but those were out - NBD as we make brass bolts for them anyway.  I just added a 22 O ring to the rest of my order. (I gotta order a bag of milspec ones - that $1.15 minimum part price is steep for an O ring or screw)

IDK, but the CCS part of the answer you got was not was what I was told previously - maybe they've changed things up...?  See, if one of the parts you order is a CCS part, yeah, that's a different group of folks and so two groups have to pack stuff up.  Whenever I've placed mixed orders (regular parts + CCS parts), I get two shipments (though they treat it as one - still only $4 shipping).  Yeah - as recently as the SBPK order, come to think of it.  Those came in one box and the plethora of other parts came in another, just like the other times.  IIRC, the CCS parts don't even ship from the same location - I might be able to tell from looking at some boxes if DW hasn't tossed them...

Tom
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

1377x

my local doesnt have them and he sees them before most others
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

I received an email reply this morning from Crosman about steel breeches and trigger shoes. Breeches should be available in late July. Trigger shoes are only available on Custom Guns.
Larry

catapult

Crosshairs

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 11, 2011, 03:03:02 PM
I received an email reply this morning from Crosman about steel breeches and trigger shoes. Breeches should be available in late July. Trigger shoes are only available on Custom Guns.
If you already have bought a custom gun from crosman they will sell you a custom part.
                                         Mike

Crosshairs

Quote from: catapult on July 13, 2011, 03:09:36 AM
what is the new 760?
They just changed the sock and pump arm shape, and will now be black.

airsmith282

Quote from: AZAG on July 10, 2011, 05:49:54 AM
How long have the steel breechs been unavailable?

me thinks its possibel she or they lied about the home made deal there made on a CNC   computer made and they do make them in a large bulk however they do sell out alot

there is no human alive that can make thoes things in the quainities that crosman orders in now can any human on a manule machine make them all the same all the time everytime,

custom made can still be CNC made but they dont under stand this... crosman are not machinests their just the sales guys that sell the stuff

arkmaker †

You might be surprised at what is still made on manual machines still. I's all in the fixtureing and process steps. Still I think you are right about using CNC's for most everything Crosman makes these days. They deal in very very large quantities. But, it was just 25 years ago that I worked at Marlin  Firearms and 90% of the parts were still made on manual machines. One of a kind manual machines, set up to do a specific task, but still manual set up (that's what I did, set-up). We had 4 CNC mills in house at that time and all they did was certain receivers. Everything else....manual and hey, I still remember saying to myself then, "Where in the hell are all these guns going?" We made millions of them, literally millions!

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

ayerstg

I was told the barrels are done manually on jigged manual machines (ports and flats) - I assume from previously rifled tubes (blanks).  I had one with a mis-aligned flat and the lady I talked to had come from many years on the shop floor and explained how it must have happened and why.  Regardless, they sure are reasonably priced...
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

millipede

how much is a barrel if ordered directly from crosman? specifically 2289 or 1389 24" barrel

ayerstg

$12.80 or there abouts a month or so ago.  Factory crown and all that, so don't overlook having one of the after market folks cut a custom length one (with nicer crown) for you.

millipede

charles mellon is the only one i know of that sells barrels...  his 24" are 30 bucks...