• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

HB-22 You don't want this pos.

Started by Sardine, July 03, 2011, 02:32:14 AM

Sardine

HB 22. You don't want this. It's a pos. All I could do was 12 shots then I needed a break because it's so hard to pump up. It's very hard to cock and you don't want to do it often. Got it zeroed in though with 12 shots. Went away and came back 1 hour later & got off 4 shots to confirm the sighting & the pos aspect. This would be a good pistol if it were the same as the 1377c but in 22 cal except that it doesn't want to shoot wad cutters. They won't  go right in, you have to spend about 10 seconds positioning the pellet so that it will go into the chamber.  The grip is way to short, to save money I guess, and I have small hands. Needs to be at least half inch longer. The sight is cheesey but it works but it  shoots way high as I have discovered all crossmans do. The pivot pin on the front poked though the other side and left a very sharp burr on it which I haven't ground off yet. I only pumped this pos 4 times because that's all I can do. I can't beleive Crosman put this pos out. I'm going to contact them first ting Monday am to see if I can return it as I bought it direct. You don't want this.

PJ

I have several HB's.  Lately QC has fallen off, but there is hope. I have found cheap easy mods to make these "shine".  Easier, quieter pumping.  dumping 10 plus pumps, and some more power from lost air.  You must be mechanically inclined and have some tooling. Parts needed is about $2.  .....................PJ

Crosshairs

Maybe you should hit the gym  ;D       just kidding !! it should get easier as you use it.  :-*
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

NorthStaR

You may find with a little filing of the burrs and any other areas that need a little finishing will help allow the HB to become easier/smoother.
That and some lube on the friction areas. Perhaps replacing the pump arm pivot pin may help. Is it a roll pin like on a 1377 or is it solid?

I found on my 1377 (now a 1322) that changing the roll pin to a solid pin made the action much smoother and not wobbley. Like a different gun.

But as Mike said, repetitive use may break her in time.

I have an EB22 which os the CO2 equivalent and it loads .22 pellets just fine. No issues on that side. Just too much power! Yup too much!
It's normally the other way that people want more power and I want less....  ;D  ??? ;D

There is of course the chance you have a faulty unit I guess but less likely.

I have also had a few guns that simply don't like certain pellets. This isn't the guns, the pellets or the owners fault. They just aren't compatible.
Try a different brand/stlye of pellets and see if they same issue occurs. Some things can't be forced no matter how much you would like it to work.  ???

Hope that helps...  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Brutuz

Quote from: Sardine on July 03, 2011, 02:32:14 AM
The pivot pin on the front poked though the other side

Have seen a brandnew one last week, same issue, very sad...  :-X

What did Crosman reply when you contacted them?
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Sardine

Thank you all for being so kind in your response. I just read it today & I did go a bit overboard. I had some beer before I posted, right after shooting it & that is a big mistake for me. I was really po'ed & pushawed at the time. I sent the pistol back to Crosman & I am awaiting a refund to me credit card at this time. I'd really like to have this 22 cal on the 1377c platform though. I asked Crosman about this in their mod section but have not heard from them yet. Been a while too. Right after I made this irresponsible post the first time. Again, I'm sorry I went off like I did
Regards. Sardine.

slothart

Crosman hinted strongly on facebook at the return of the 1322 to their line up earlier in the week... looks like you will get your wish
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC