• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Allen wrenches

Started by slider, July 13, 2011, 05:25:07 AM

slider

Where can I buy those real small allen wrenches to disasemble my 2240..Thanks

Madkoifish

hobby store. Head over the the rc section.

slider

Crosshairs

Quote from: slider on July 13, 2011, 05:25:07 AM
Where can I buy those real small allen wrenches to disasemble my 2240..Thanks
When you do get your allen wrenches try to get them with the round tip,there good for the angle's where you cant get the wrench in str8  :-*
                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

This is a great set to have as you got both 'ends' and types covered.

http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/369inserie.htm

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

slider

catapult

I find bondhus to make very good, inexpensive hex keys, with the ball end tips, if you want to spend more money you can get rc car wrenches

Madkoifish

The hobby tools are not that much more in cost given your getting superior tools, the metal used alone is much harder. They can be bought individually or in sets.

I do not recommend ball tips as they bring the contact patch WAY down to the point the tool or screw strip out.

Also avoid those all in one things. They are junk and will just end up in marred heads and stripped screws.

BUT if you do not plan to replace any screws then all you need is a 1/16 driver for the plastic trigger plate 5/64 for the breech set screw and whatever for the breech screw. ( I use a 0.3X100 mm) Rest are slot or square drive.

Also it depends how often you'll be ripping your gun apart too. Me I love fooling with the tech part of the guns as much as shooting them.

catapult

I have Associated and Integy drivers. The AE tools seem to be softer metal and the Integy are harder and I have broken one,  but you can buy replacement tips.  I agree that ball tips mean problems, but I have not had any issue at all with my bondhus set, they are spring steel and dont round off.

Madkoifish

Quote from: catapult on July 14, 2011, 08:33:14 AM
I have Associated and Integy drivers. The AE tools seem to be softer metal and the Integy are harder and I have broken one,  but you can buy replacement tips.  I agree that ball tips mean problems, but I have not had any issue at all with my bondhus set, they are spring steel and dont round off.
It is from my experience from 20 some years of maintenance of others cars. Every time I found a chewed up screw it was from L tools or round nose. Instead of the whole tool engaging the head your only getting a fraction of a inch even as little as a thousands of a inch. Fellow tech used ball ends and always stripped out motor plates and pinions. That's why I cannot recommend them.
I second Integy, they are I think global as a product.  (not sure where the OP is located) Worse I have seen with them is a chipped tip when someone dropped their set into the rocks at a crawl site.

tinker

Yes, the RC wrenches can't be beat.  I have 2 sets of wrenches from "RD Logics" that are long and are tough.  Had them for 10 plus years and no sign of wear.  The "long" wrench set from "IMEX " is also a good set.  Just my 2cents.   :-*
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

ayerstg

Quoteand whatever for the breech screw

0.050 inch
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

Madkoifish

Quote from: ayerstg on July 14, 2011, 02:39:40 PM
0.050 inch

Most 0.050 provide a sloppy fit. I use as said a .3X100mm. The "whatever" was meant as readers choice or availability. OR even just tossing it and getting a slot head for the breech.

ayerstg

QuoteMost 0.050 provide a sloppy fit

??? That has not at all been my experience - quite the opposite.  But the important part is snug fit - whatever that may be in each particular case.
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

quickster47 †

Quote from: ayerstg on July 15, 2011, 01:24:37 AM
??? That has not at all been my experience - quite the opposite.  But the important part is snug fit - whatever that may be in each particular case.

I must agree.  After having about 40 different guns that use that infamous PITA screw, I've never had a problem using a .050" Allen wrench.  Unless, of course, the hex head is already showing signs of wear and abuse.  A good quality and tight fitting wrench will always give a nice snug fit.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †