• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman steel breeches seem to be in stock again.

Started by Smaug, August 17, 2011, 03:47:01 AM

Smaug

I didn't get notified, even though I signed up to be.

But I just ordered one, and I didn't notice the 'out of stock' text and I didn't get any feedback that they're out of stock.

Get em while they're hot!

http://crosman.com/gear/custom
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

quickster47 †

Well that is some good news.  Thanks for sharing.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

You have to check stock frequently to get a Crosman steel breech. I happened to hit the site one night and saw them in stock. Since I do not know when I will ever get my Don Cochran breech, I ordered the Crosman so I could move forward with modifications. If Don ever ships my breech, I will sell my Crosman breech on this forum.
Larry

L.O. Little

Quote from: breakfastchef on August 17, 2011, 04:30:38 AM
Since I do not know when I will ever get my Don Cochran breech, I ordered the Crosman so I could move forward with modifications. If Don ever ships my breech, I will sell my Crosman breech on this forum.

Have you called Don?
Lynn

breakfastchef

Quote from: L.O. Little on August 17, 2011, 04:50:53 AM
Have you called Don?

Lynn, I did talk with Don when placing my order because there was nowhere on his website to place a payment. He was trying to get his grass cut before the rains coming his way about a month or so ago. When he finally sent my invoice, I sent my payment immediately Four weeks or more later, I still have no breech. I really did not know what to do so I ordered a Crosman breech so I could complete my 1377 project. I am seriously thinking about canceling my order with Don.
Larry

NorthStaR

Interesting, I have only heard of good things from Mr Cothran. You should call him again just incase. The 'S**T happens' rule could be at play?  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

slider

Not many reasons for that much delay..either your in or your out...no jacking people around. He may not be excited about your build but I know that you are....

AZAG

Quote from: slider on August 17, 2011, 04:29:26 PM
Not many reasons for that much delay..either your in or your out...no jacking people around. He may not be excited about your build but I know that you are....
There are lots of reasons for that kind of delay: car accident, death in the family, sickness, scheduled vacation, sudden rush of orders, etc.

A phone call might clear things up quick and provide some peace of mind.

Bad Moon

Ordered my breech from Crosman today got an email saying my order was processed and that I would receive another email when it ships. I'm still trying to figure out where I am going to get my flat top piston and valve . I might just do the valve myself or have it machined locally .   

1377x

Quote from: Bad Moon on August 19, 2011, 01:15:34 AM
Ordered my breech from Crosman today got an email saying my order was processed and that I would receive another email when it ships. I'm still trying to figure out where I am going to get my flat top piston and valve . I might just do the valve myself or have it machined locally .   
doing your valve yourself is a good idea,i do my own
all i know is ac customs piston and valve had my gun shooting 650fps cphp 10 pumps stock barrel
my home modded brass valve does the same but a little more work was done to it
there are some here that have mellonair's piston and valve hopefully they will chime in
there's always mountainair i think they are a little more spendy,i heard good things about them also.
closed mouths dont get fed

Bad Moon

I was leaning toward the mountain Air, maybe i will search some old threads or like you said  someone will chime in and knock me off the fence one way or another.

slothart

I've got the Mellon FT Piston & Valve in my 1377 (12inch barrel) and comparing my numbers with folks who list AC Custom FT Piston & Valve sets in their builds with 12 inch or shorter barrels, AC FT sets have better numbers then my build.   I would have to double check, but off the top of my head I think it's about a 30-40fps difference at 10 pumps. 

I can't speak to the Mountain Air sets because I haven't seen that many people posting about them on the various forums.  Though, I do remember my jaw dropping when I read numbers someone posted for a mountainair 1325... it got me making the hard choice of getting my 392 steroided or getting one of Roy's guns (the temptation for me are the 1320, 1325, and the MA2250 Hunter)
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

NorthStaR

I have a GMAC FT Piston & Valve and it's top banana.

Worth every penny and when I get another 1377, I'll get the same one again.

Disclaimer:  I haven't tried a Mellon or AC 'FT', but as the GMAC works perfectly I doubt I will.  ;) 
                   I assume GMAC makes them?! Or are they just sold through the store?  ??? I've never asked.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

HKSig45

I talked with Don today and a batch of breeches is almost ready to be released.

Bad Moon

Got a confirmation email from Crosman , my breech has shipped showing a delivery date of tomorrow.