Crosman steel breeches seem to be in stock again.

Started by Smaug, August 17, 2011, 03:47:01 AM

bildio

I got mine yesterday.

I expected only the breech. I was surprised that Allen wrenches, instructions, & other associated parts were included.
Bill

Bad Moon

Mine showed up this afternoon ,popped it on , maybe I'll run a few pellets through it tomorrow. Quality looks to be fairly good. Not sure why anyone would buy a custom Breech unless there is something I am not seeing. I will be installing a flat top piston soon. One step at a time.

1377x

Quote from: Bad Moon on August 25, 2011, 03:52:34 AM
Mine showed up this afternoon ,popped it on , maybe I'll run a few pellets through it tomorrow. Quality looks to be fairly good. Not sure why anyone would buy a custom Breech unless there is something I am not seeing. I will be installing a flat top piston soon. One step at a time.
thats the way to do it
crawl before you walk!
you will be running in no time at all
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

Quote from: Bad Moon on August 25, 2011, 03:52:34 AM
Not sure why anyone would buy a custom Breech unless there is something I am not seeing.

Well everyone would be wearing brown shoes, corduroy trousers and a tweed jacket if it wasn't for choice!  ;)

It's just a personal preference. I for one would like and have a different breech on all my guns.

Variety is the spice of life.  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Quote from: NorthStaR on August 25, 2011, 11:43:08 AM
Well everyone would be wearing brown shoes, corduroy trousers and a tweed jacket if it wasn't for choice!  ;)

It's just a personal preference. I for one would like and have a different breech on all my guns.

Variety is the spice of life.  :)
X2       Key word custom  :-*  You can't build a custom car without custom parts same thing go's here.
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bildio

I'm going to install the Crosman steel breech which I have in hand when my longer barrel is delivered.

I looked in the parts bag & there is a small Allen head screw. I think, according to the drawing provided, that this replaces the old breech screw. Correct?
Bill

DRAGON64

The one I installed last night replaces the rear sight at the breech screw.  It passes down to the airtube rear closure.  It also retains the rear closure on the new breech.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

quickster47 †

DRAGON64 has got you covered.  It is the rear breech screw that is replaced.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bildio

I'm referring to the set screw that's shown forward of the breech screw. I don't see this as having been removed, yet it's installed as a new set screw.
Bill

1377x

Quote from: bildio on August 25, 2011, 01:40:51 PM
I'm going to install the Crosman steel breech which I have in hand when my longer barrel is delivered.

I looked in the parts bag & there is a small Allen head screw. I think, according to the drawing provided, that this replaces the old breech screw. Correct?
no
i see you found out where it goes tough
in the drawing you posted
closed mouths dont get fed

bildio

Yes. There's an additional hole in the steel breech.

BTW: Here's a helpful installation video.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJA7X_3CjeM#]Crosman 2289g Steel Breech Install[/url]
Bill

L.O. Little

Quote from: Bad Moon on August 25, 2011, 03:52:34 AMNot sure why anyone would buy a custom Breech unless there is something I am not seeing.

Try a Don Cothran stainless steel breech, you'll see why. Pics and review:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=4070.0
Lynn

cmj21973

Very good instructional video. :-*
Anybody else notice that he used Daisy oil instead of Crosman Pelgun oil?

Bad Moon

Good thing I got my breech when I did, I was on Crosman's website and it showed breeches OUT OF STOCK again.Wow that didn't last long.

cmj21973

Any idea how long untill next run of Crosman steel breeches?
I'm already signed up to be notified when they're available again. I'm hoping a couple months.