• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

MKF's All Inclusive Crosman Project Thread

Started by Madkoifish, August 18, 2011, 12:31:45 PM

Madkoifish

Well instead of making a mess of threads as I collect guns, yeah I know I will end up biting down on co2 and other variations of Crosman's based on the whole 13XX22XX hdw. Im itching for a co2 rifle/pistol/s O_o oh woe to all my other hobbies!  :o

Well I will start this off with 2 incomplete guns,

P77 Carbine Thingy

First is my 177 long carbine. This was suppose to be a 16" barrel build. But I have not done anything to the 24. I really like the increased accuracy and the huge drop in noise. I also liked the jump in power. Afraid I suppose to cut it and find it louder or a loss in power I have left it like this. Plans were to get a shroud on it and then flat top the internals. Only other change planned is to attempt to black the pump handle black with rit dye. It appears to be a material that might take the nylon dye method.

Currently it sits with:
Crosman steel breech, Melon flow through bolt with meaty handle pinched from another gun, Mellon pin with orings, obvious pump arm and stock changes, deburred tube, trigger foolery, polish refitting and shimming. Bubba spring system and guide, 24" barrel off of one of the rifles, and a centerpoint 4X16X40ao scope, and finally a Bluefork barrel band I pinched off another gun.
Remaining things to do: flat top valve and piston, shroud (planning alum polished shroud to match the bolt handle with maybe some grooves on the end)

Photos, yeah bad camera man, black gun on gray wall. . . not a good mix.

Madkoifish

The PC22
The other gun is my 22 rig. It should be look familiar to everyone here, since I got it from ChokingVictim. Yes, I know it has plastic grips, where are those fantastic RB grips? Well Im left handed so eh they don't work for me. This is my pest and back up plinker. Or for those days I want more lead on a object. I also use it to dispatch rats and the like. Plans are for a short carbine on this.
ATM It has on it are, Mellon flat top and valve (appears ported), Crosman breech, trigger spring set from a custom shop gun, hammer guide(unknown), Mellon brass wide trigger, mellon pin, Superpumper grip, wire stock, I think a mellon extended probe with a long teardrop bolt handle, 8shot RIM, weaver adapter (height) for the pinched centerpoint 3X9X40ao scope off my breakbarrel (will be replaced with the same 4X16X40 as the other pc77 once it goes back down in price)
Future plans for this gun are a bit unknown. I originally planned to put a longer barrel on and shroud it. I also toyed with getting a riser breech and floating the barrel with a full shroud as well, but the RIM has hooked me and I am not ready to convert the other gun to 22 or get another 22 YET. So at the moment all I really have planned is a set of tall dovetail rings for the scope, a new hammer pin, and a longer barrel. Not sure how long yet but read that 14~16 is the spot for a 22. When I do likely I will have to source a new bluefork band (stole the original for my 177 since it badly needed it.) I really like the bluefork band because it has set screws to retain the barrel and the pumper pin. I will probably shroud the barrel too since this gun could use some shhhhhhing. This is mostly for comfort of those in household. I am not sure what I will plan for in relation to the furniture on this gun. I do like the pump arm but unless I sell the grips to a CO2 user the pump arm would be required to sell them.

Also note I had to polish the trigger, it was nicely blued but when cleaning another project I got a small blob of wax on it and that ate the finish and I couldn't repair it. So for now it got brasso and a leather rag treatment.

I have been resisting the urge to pick up a 2260 or a Custom Shop gun. Not sure which cal on the latter. But the co2 is tempting me. Even the idea of bulk or maybe later on HPA. :shrug The custom shop gun would be anywhere from 80~100$

No the second pic is not poop but 5 pellets stacked up. Lost a few from the front when digging this out. It is part of a 8 shot group. All but 1 were in the same hole. What I found interesting is how little the rearward pellets are deformed. Maybe the earlier ones were not as deformed and became that why as others piled up. :D

1377x

those are some nice rigs!! 8)
where did the bolt handle come from on the .177???

nice shooting with the .22
i have stacked pellets but not like that,very consistant.i wouldnt hesitate to dispatch some pests with it!!!
heck,i would even compete in the monthly's with it
closed mouths dont get fed

Madkoifish

Bolt handle is from ChokingVictim, so I really do not know. It is alum with a stainless threaded rod. I like the fat on it since it does not dig into my abused arthritic joints. :D
Id love to find say a solid stainless unit, bit more weight to hold down the flip up effect.

Most pests around here I think have learned to be wary or are dead from poison, neighbor seems to be on a anti mammal quest.