• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Can a 1377 be converted to .25 cal ?

Started by grumpy, August 20, 2011, 04:18:40 PM

grumpy

I did a quick search and could not find any info. Can this conversion be made  and what do you think of the idea ?

Dave

Crosshairs

I think it's a great idea you might wanna look in the link page one of the folks there might be able to make you a barrel.
                                                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Yes it can.  I have one on loan right now from Noah.  Will try and get a picture or two up later and some chrony numbers.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on August 20, 2011, 08:31:26 PM
Yes it can.  I have one on loan right now from Noah.  Will try and get a picture or two up later and some chrony numbers.

Carl
Thats cool but where did Noah get the barrel from.
                                           Mike

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 20, 2011, 09:21:59 PM
Thats cool but where did Noah get the barrel from.
                                           Mike

Roy at Mountain air built the gun for him.  Not sure where Roy gets his barrels but the one on the 1325 is chrome and the other barrel on the 2540 is blued.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Make MY day

On a conversion of the 1377, would I have to replace the new steel breech if I wanted to change it to a .22?  Already have a 14 inch barrel and shroud from Roy for the 1377.  Roy does offer some good results but the orders can get a little confused.  I thought I ordered a brushed aluminum barrel with the brushed aluminum shroud but got the blued steel instead.  Might, order one of Roy's already made custom airguns. 
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

1377x

Quote from: Make MY day on August 20, 2011, 10:50:41 PM
On a conversion of the 1377, would I have to replace the new steel breech if I wanted to change it to a .22?  Already have a 14 inch barrel and shroud from Roy for the 1377.  Roy does offer some good results but the orders can get a little confused.  I thought I ordered a brushed aluminum barrel with the brushed aluminum shroud but got the blued steel instead.  Might, order one of Roy's already made custom airguns.
no need to change the breech,just the bolt to .22
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

roy gets the barrels from Lothar Walther --- Very Good Barrels
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Crosshairs

Quote from: eric on August 20, 2011, 11:46:58 PM
roy gets the barrels from Lothar Walther --- Very Good Barrels
Yeah they are good barrels i have one on my 2300KT and that gun can shoot the ball's off a fly at ten yards.  ;D  Im thinking about doing the same with a 2400KT it has the longer tube.
                                                           Mike

Noah

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 21, 2011, 12:59:20 AMcan shoot the ball's off a fly at ten yards

Classic line - never heard that one before  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Capt. Thomas

I am in the process of building a all stainless steel "1325" right now. Parts are starting to come together. About the only thing that won't be SS is the trigger frame..... that item will be a Crosmods alum. trigger from Noah! All the other goodies including the barrel, screws, pins etc. will be SS. Currently waiting on Don to shoot me an eta on my SS pump tube  :-*.

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

hellgrips98

don is such a nice guy my fully stainless set for 2250 is coming next week he even say that when parts get scratched or blemished just send it to him and he will get them rebuffed or refinished if its in matte... i hope we could get a help maybe one of the experts here could do the polishing for our frames... i already ruined 2 frames in attempt of polishing them >:(

http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ click here to see my exotic wood grips

Noah

After reading this thread I sort of miss my toys even more :-\
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Crosshairs

Quote from: Noah on August 21, 2011, 08:35:18 AM
Classic line - never heard that one before  :-*
I grew up in NY City so we had rat's where we lived, i know yuk. I heard my Dad tell his friend my 150  could shoot the balls off a rat,lol i just changed it up i bit.Some also use Gnat.
                                   Mike

Make MY day

For those who have never been to NY or NJ, the rats in NYC are about the size of a German Shepherd and the mice the size of a Cat.  Cockroaches have been known to grow the size of a treerat without the furry tail.   
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.