• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman C40 refinish

Started by bazthespazz, August 23, 2011, 05:54:13 AM

bazthespazz

I just picked up a Crosman C40 with the original case for $35.00 on craigslist. When I received it the finish looks a little rough and I was wondering if anybody knew how to renew the finish on it? This is the Silver Zinc model. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Crosshairs

The only thing i can think of is to repaint with a good chrome spray paint.  :-*
                                                             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

bazthespazz

OK, Here's a couple pics. Thanks for the paint suggestion Mike but where I come from they call that "Oakey Chrome".

Madkoifish

I just recommend a nickle chrome cleaner and nothing more. It appears that some of the finish has worn through. I have used a brass cleaner similar to brasso before with luck on all sorts of finishes. I would disassemble the gun and do a cleaning on it.

personally I would just replace or refinish any damaged screws or rusted items. And get any dirt off and leave the patina.

bazthespazz

Do these have any kind of a clear coat on them that I have to worry about polishing through? Also, does anybody know how to remove the rear sight? The rear blade and windage screw are missing and I need to replace them.