• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Gamo Match .177 Cal, 7.71 Grains, Wadcutter, 500ct

Started by mcc1961, August 23, 2011, 07:40:55 PM

mcc1961

I have been told that this is some of the the worst ammo(Gamo Match .177 Cal, 7.71 Grains, Wadcutter, 500ct ) u can get,but a friend of mine got a tin of this free with his 357 and it shoots great.I ordered 2000 rounds and with the summer discount I got it for under $17.What seems to be wrong with it ,he has not had a bent skirt or deformed pellet yet?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Dutch Caliber

It's a mass production pellet. Some batches are really crappy (deformed pellets, lots of left over lead so pellets won't fit in the barrel, lead dust) but the Match type is great for plinking. I wouldn't recommend them for precision shooting since they're not of equal weight.

I have had pretty screwed up tins earlier this year, but the latest are fine again. It seems that Gamo does not do much quality control on their ammo.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

eric

they are CHEAP !!! pellets --- excellent for hours,days,weeks of general plinking .iffin' your gun/s like them then all the better  ;) :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

breakfastchef

I have not had extensive experience with multiple pellets, but I do find that Gamo pellets tend to be harder to load in my Crosman air pistols. Once loaded, they appear to be rather accurate. That said, I prefer H&M or RWS Meisterkugeln pellets since they load easier and almost always are on the mark.
Larry

Cross Pistol Packer

Not long ago run out of those flat head pellets,must have had a good tin as they grouped real well.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Noah

IMO, Gamo pellets in general are not very good. Perhaps I got a few bad batches - who knows  ???

From my experience,  for .177 CP and in .25 Beeman FTS.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.