• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

general 2300t advise

Started by crossy72, August 31, 2011, 10:25:42 PM

crossy72

hi guys,new shooter with a 2300t pistol,so after around 120 shot's through my new pistol and have sighted in as best as possible iam quiet happy,getting groups about 1.5 inches or around 30mm at 8-9metres,this is two handed plinking,really like the gun and it has suprised me with its power,but how do you get closer grouping,iam using milbro jet pellets around 8 grains,iam trying different grip styles and playing around with trigger pull weights etc,so wots the secret or is it just practise
is there any way to take out the side play in the trigger,also the plastic grips wow i really hate them,some nice wood grips are in the pipe line,is there any where in the uk that does nice grips,also i fancy a scope or red dot sight at some point but would like to master the open sights first
all in all very happy,and i cant believe how addictive shooting tins and targets is
nick  :-*

hotshot

sounds like you are having fun. you can put some shims/washers either side of the trigger to remove play. I personally have found this trigger set up a real impovement.

taking the trigger pull pressure from over 5lbs to as low as 1lb! also a fatter trigger or triggershoe spreads the weight of you trigger finger making the pull lighter. :-*
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

crossy72

thanks for the reply,is that a differant trigger style,also i did loads of research on many different pistols in cluding the crosman range and found people polish the trigger mechanism, is this a process of cleaning burrs from the contacting sufaces of the trigger and sear and applying a grease or lube to smooth the pull,also wot is the crown of the barrel ,sorry for so many questions
nick

hotshot

The crowning of the barrel is an art in itself its at the end of the barrel at the last point where the pellet leaves. A damaged crown can have an affect on accuracy thats why for airguns I stay away from harsh bore cleaners. I have just ordered a barrel from mellonair thats re-crowned as it must have been cut to size after crosman factory.
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

hotshot

polishing the sear should make things smoother a good trigger job really does seem to help accuracy on these crosmans. putting in a lighter trigger spring will reduce the pull thats an inexpensive mod some owners cut or compress them themselves.

quick how to get to the trigger:

-first thing make sure the guns is empty and unloaded.
-take your time, have the right allen keys in front of you so you dont strip any heads.
-lay the gun on a table on a white sheet of paper is good as you can see if you lose any tiny screws
-be careful not to lose the ever so small safety bar ball bearing and spring they can go flyingacross the room.

EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

breakfastchef

All the areas you mentioned in your post will add to accuracy. As stated by hotshot, tuning your trigger can help a lot. Considering that the trigger is pretty pedestrian, at best, polishing the articulating points and relieving some of the spring pressure (easily done by compressing it with many common tools in your home), the trigger will fire easier with less pull necessary. Less pull can mean better accuracy as the pull is not knocking your pistol offline quite as much.

Ultimately, whether you are using a bench rest or shooting with one hand, practice is what will improve accuracy most. Ask me. I know how difficult it is to practice enough to shoot as well as a lot of the fellows on this forum.

Quote from: crossy72 on August 31, 2011, 10:25:42 PM
hi guys,new shooter with a 2300t pistol,so after around 120 shot's through my new pistol and have sighted in as best as possible iam quiet happy,getting groups about 1.5 inches or around 30mm at 8-9metres,this is two handed plinking,really like the gun and it has suprised me with its power,but how do you get closer grouping,iam using milbro jet pellets around 8 grains,iam trying different grip styles and playing around with trigger pull weights etc,so wots the secret or is it just practise
is there any way to take out the side play in the trigger,also the plastic grips wow i really hate them,some nice wood grips are in the pipe line,is there any where in the uk that does nice grips,also i fancy a scope or red dot sight at some point but would like to master the open sights first
all in all very happy,and i cant believe how addictive shooting tins and targets is
nick  :-*
Larry

crossy72

thanks fot all your replys,been trying different ways of holding the pistol and settled on a two handed grip but not cupping the pistol butt with my left hand,found i can hold really steady through the trigger pull and accuracy is much better,going to look into the trigger assembly but mine has the adjustable trigger anyway,if i can stop shooting long enough that is
nick :-*