• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 old vs new and trigger help

Started by laptopdragon, September 07, 2011, 10:28:53 PM

laptopdragon

i just got my 1st 1377.
i have been reading (hundreds of links, thousands of pages) and i know there's many different types:
1377c
1377c black
but Crosman themselves, will not tell me (or their service people don't know) what i ask, (them, and now you)

i have seen in youtube, people opening up their 1377c, and they have brass triggers.
i bought a new one, from a local shop, and it has a black trigger...(they all do, and they are all brown grip / forearm)

where can i get a brass trigger ?
where can i get an adjustible (dare i say 2 stage) or lightened trigger pull ?
where can i get a better sear ?

im only interested in shops in the U.S. (after i found a great Canadian site, they wants $59.oo+ shipping....i cannot do that)

..the rant...
i don't understand how Crosman (the company) can have parts, readily available in new products, and NOT have them as a parts replacement... :(
case in point...
the old style bolt with magnetised end/pin...why would that be discontinued ? (rhetorical question)
i understand the plastic parts, but really just want a quality trigger, (say 2.5 lbs) and accuracy.
i can live with the brass bolt, but crosman representatives tell me all the pictures i see online are fake, or wrong, or simply don't exist (photoshoped)...
but if thats true, how can i find so many similar images from so many different people.

the reason i chose the 1377 was simply due to all of the custom images and "best of the best" sites with all of these tuned pellet guns....

i am content with what i have, but need a better trigger, and have yet to find a true U.S. store/ site that sells the fatter triggers, or a way to lighten them up...closest being Canada, and shipping alone is more $ than the cost of the entire gun itself.

/ end rant.

thanks

quickster47 †

Quote from: laptopdragon on September 07, 2011, 10:28:53 PM
..the rant...
i don't understand how Crosman (the company) can have parts, readily available in new products, and NOT have them as a parts replacement... :(
case in point...
the old style bolt with magnetised end/pin...why would that be discontinued ? (rhetorical question)
i understand the plastic parts, but really just want a quality trigger, (say 2.5 lbs) and accuracy.
i can live with the brass bolt, but crosman representatives tell me all the pictures i see online are fake, or wrong, or simply don't exist (photoshoped)...
but if thats true, how can i find so many similar images from so many different people.

the reason i chose the 1377 was simply due to all of the custom images and "best of the best" sites with all of these tuned pellet guns....

i am content with what i have, but need a better trigger, and have yet to find a true U.S. store/ site that sells the fatter triggers, or a way to lighten them up...closest being Canada, and shipping alone is more $ than the cost of the entire gun itself.

/ end rant.

thanks

As far as the newest of the new parts go, Crosman has a policy that a gun must be in production for one year before those parts are made available to the general public.  Case in point.  The new 1701P/Marauder pistol trigger is a beautiful and well executed 2-stage trigger but cannot be had yet.  See this thread for notes on the trigger:
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=4561.0

If you want a fattened up original brass trigger I have a couple of them, pretty sure that I do, I will sell you.  Just let me know.

If you search on this site for notes on polishing the trigger you will probably find plenty of information on how to improve the OEM trigger movement.

If you want a 2-stage sear for your gun AoA sells them.  Go here: https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/ and scroll down the left side and look for Crosman Custom parts.  And if you do want one and feel their price is too high, let me know as I have one or two of them for sale.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

laptopdragon

Quote from: quickster47 on September 07, 2011, 10:56:49 PM.  And if you do want one and feel their price is too high, let me know as I have one or two of them for sale.

Carl

thanks Carl..yes.
as long as they're not plastic, YES...

i may buy another 1377 (this time a 'c' version) to keep one always available. ++

Quote from: Crosshairs on September 07, 2011, 11:00:53 PM
your First link     the second link   and the 3rd link i over looked entirely, due to being a runon(btw, the 3rd link doesn't have anything for a 1377 and all the triggers are NLA ... :(Try these guys
                                         Mike
Mike.
i fixed your links... (the last 2 failed to work)
and thanks for the Arizona domain, site, but gmac is Germany...although i love German cars, i don't buy europe stuff..strictly staying in the (used to be the good ole) U.S.
thanks. and i appreciate the help

this is a great site, but there is simply NO-WAY to order their products..every link circles back to here, and their ebay list is empty.
so is the case with google searchs (for fatter triggers, and aftermarket parts ).

quickster47 †

Quote from: laptopdragon on September 07, 2011, 11:19:49 PM
thanks Carl..yes.
as long as they're not plastic, YES...

No plastic here.  Geesh, why would I even think about selling plastic stuff.  Fully 100% metal.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

laptopdragon

...well, Crosman does...!

but i am a bit of a beginer on what is normal, vs. everything else.
let me know how to pay (got paypal ?) ship etc...

quickster47 †

Quote from: laptopdragon on September 07, 2011, 11:45:48 PM
...well, Crosman does...!

but i am a bit of a beginer on what is normal, vs. everything else.
let me know how to pay (got paypal ?) ship etc...

Trigger and sear or which one?  I'll send you a PM with price and PayPal address.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

laptopdragon

awesome...
...reminds me of the russian joke...
"in soviet Russia, internet browses you"...(as the parts and sellers are now pinging me)...(just made myself laugh)...
thank  you quickster47, i am glad you chimed in...

Noah

Quote from: quickster47 on September 08, 2011, 12:06:06 AM
Trigger and sear or which one?  I'll send you a PM with price and PayPal address.

Carl

Got another one for sale perhpas?  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

quickster47 †

Quote from: Noah on September 08, 2011, 12:16:49 AM
Got another one for sale perhpas?  ???

Another brass trigger and AoA 2-stage sear?  Let me go check the warehouse.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

zuke

"im only interested in shops in the U.S. (after i found a great Canadian site, they wants $59.oo+ shipping....i cannot do that)

"

Can you post a link to them?   ;)
Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it!

laptopdragon

Quote from: zuke on September 08, 2011, 02:34:14 AM
"im only interested in shops in the U.S. (after i found a great Canadian site, they wants $59.oo+ shipping....i cannot do that)

"

Can you post a link to them?   ;)

sure.
although i found this link from this forum, here is the page where you can get a shoulder stock for <$15.oo, and many many parts i was drooling over made for the 13xx, and all Crosman, but they have many manufactures which i haven't even touched..its just a shame the shipping is unbalanced.

here is a thread on this forum that also has tons of world wide links (and some that have expired their domains ).

zuke

I sent them an email about a rebuilt 13xx about 6 month's ago.
Their shipping was dam near $30, and that's for Canada. WAY too much!
It was cheaper for me to go to Canadian Tire and get a brand new one, at least it had a warranty.
Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it!

laptopdragon

Quote from: zuke on September 09, 2011, 05:13:36 AM

It was cheaper for me to go to Canadian Tire and get a brand new one,

is Canadian Tire a retail store ?, that sells crosman pellet guns ?...cool.
and i really like their site, and products, its the shipping charge that kills the sale.