• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

treating with gun REM oil

Started by mcc1961, September 08, 2011, 06:45:33 AM

mcc1961

I want to know if u should coat the outside of a Crosman pistol with gun oil and if u don't how should u take care of it?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Joshua A

I've used rem oil to clean up the outside of my pistols before. I think it works nicely. another great product for this is Ballistol. you can get it lots of different places, and it is one of the top accessories on pyramyd air as well.

J.Austin

1377x

i use eezox to clean the outside of my guns
it offers superior rust protection
everytime i left my guns in a humid place within hours it would show rust
after a treatment of eezox it has now been 2 weeks since i placed my gun in a humid place
no signs of rust :D :D :D
closed mouths dont get fed

zuke

What is eezox and where can we get it?
Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it!

1377x

Quote from: zuke on September 09, 2011, 05:15:13 AM
What is eezox and where can we get it?
http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html
i had paypal funds i was trying to use up and got mine on ebay.the can is holding my gun up

this stuff smells terrible chemical smell,but works great
i have a rimfire pistol that wouldnt shoot susonic or standard velocity ammo now it shoots subs and standards with no issues
and the rust inhibiting properties are great
there is some other lube im going to try called froglube.its organic with a candy smell,supposed to have the same rust inhibiting properties
http://www.froglube.com/roothome.htm

quickster47 †

My son-in-law, from Louisiana, gave me some of the FrogLube last year for Christmas.  Being from the Bayou country with extreme humidity conditions, he said it was the best he had ever used for protecting his vast arsenal of guns.  I've used it occasionally and have had great luck with it.  I've also used Ballistol and can't complain about the way it works either.

I think most of the proctectants are good with the key being consistent use of them.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

quick,
does the froglube have a candy smell???? i like thats its organic!

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on September 09, 2011, 05:32:49 PM
quick,
does the froglube have a candy smell???? i like thats its organic!

Not sure I would call it a candy smell but it smells like most other organic cleaners.   You know, Simple Green, Seventh Generation, BioKleen, and Agent Orange.  Whoops, that one is not really an organic cleaner but it sure does get rid of foliage.  :D

The thing is, it does not make your eyes water or make your throat feel like it's burning.  Good stuff.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †