• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2300T and power adjuster

Started by mcc1961, September 09, 2011, 05:07:35 AM

mcc1961

I was wanting to know if when I take the end of the co2 tube to put the power adjuster on is the spring going to come flying out or does it have much pressure on it.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

JEBert

You can hold it in with your hand but it is much easier if you un-cock it first.  Hold the bolt back with one hand and pull the trigger and let the bolt move forward slowly.  Or point it is a safe direction and fire it.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mcc1961

After i get the power adjuster on the gun do i tighten the adjuster up to slow it down or loosen it to slow it down(fps)?
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

quickster47 †

After you remove the last screw there will be some pressure on the rear tube plug so keep your hand around the end.  Not enough pressure to hurt you but just be ready when the screw comes out.

You will want to loosen the power adjustment screw as much as possible to give you minimal spring pressure that will decrease your CO2 usage and decrease your power/FPS.

This information is from the Crosman 2300S operator's manual.

5. Adjusting the Velocity
Your air pistol is designed with an adjustment for the velocity. You can set your air pistol for
higher velocity (and fewer shots) or for lower velocity (and more shots).
• To adjust the velocity turn the velocity adjustment knob (fig 5). Turning the dial clockwise will give you a higher velocity. Turning the dial counter-clockwise will give you a lower velocity.
• If you want to lock the velocity setting tighten the set screw to hold the configuration you have set. However, remember even when the air pistol is set to shoot at the high velocity, the velocity will begin to drop as the CO2 is used up.

Which power adjuster did you purchase?  Did it come with a new hammer spring?  Are you going to use a different hammer spring?

Reason I ask is that if you use the OEM spring without cutting a few coils off you will be automatically increasing the hammer spring pressure because of the power adjuster, or at least that is the way most of them are made.  If you find that the gun is very, very hard to cock then you probably have too much pressure on the hammer spring.

The 2300S which comes with a Crosman power adjuster uses a different hammer spring.  I've attached a picture of it so you can see how it is put together.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mcc1961

I am getting it from Cothrans machine shop and I am keeping the original spring.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880