• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

scope mounts-NcSTAR Scope Ring - 1" Ring - 3 / 8" Dovetail - High RB27

Started by mcc1961, September 14, 2011, 07:38:30 AM

mcc1961

I am getting a BSA edge  scope for my 2300t and was wanting to know the best type of mounts to get for it. the ones I am thinking about getting are the NcSTAR Scope Ring - 1" Ring - 3 / 8" Dovetail - High RB27 for ease of loading should I just go with a mid or will a standard  mount do?Do the high mounts shoot less accurately or is there any difference in the accuracy between the various heights?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

quickster47 †

You always want the scope as close as possible to the barrel simply to help with alignment and bore-sighting the scope to the barrel or zeroing the scope.  I could go into more detail but it is not really necessary.

I would also suggest you get some BKL scope rings.  They are the best IMHO.  http://www.bkltech.com/default.asp

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?cx=002970863286801882398%3Ajlcminxfwdw&cof=FORID%3A11%3BNB%3A1&q=BKL&sa=Search&search_for=BKL&cmd_search=Search

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JEBert

QuoteDo the high mounts shoot less accurately or is there any difference in the accuracy between the various heights?
High mounts shoot just as accurately if you always shoot at the same range.  If you  start shooting at different ranges, the lower the scope is, the less you have to hold over to shoot shorter or longer ranges than the distance for which you have it zeroed.  Conversely, the higher or farther the scope is from the bore, the harder it will be to adjust for the pellet trajectory.
Two more considerations:
1.  Whether you may want to use a taco hold when shooting as a pistol, you will need the scope to be high enough so that you can see past your fingers.
2.  If you have a shoulder stock, how the stock fits;  if you have low rings and a high stock like the RAP-4 type, you may not be able to get your cheek low enough to see into the scope.  If you have a low stock like the Crosman shoulder stock and high rings, you will need to add a cheek piece to the stock to get your eye high enough to have any cheek-weld to see through the scope.
Carl, Those rings do look excellent and they should be the best at those prices.  My pockets are not that deep and my Weaver and NCstar rings work just fine.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)