• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2300 order of mods

Started by grumpy, September 16, 2011, 02:34:17 AM

grumpy

Here is a list of what I would like out of my 2300T

Light weight carbine.
More power
Mouse fart quiet
Adjustable power
Larger bolt handle

On a tight budget right now but where would you start and can ya steer me to any companies that can help ? Thanks

Dave

mcc1961

I have a 2300T that i have modified a little the first thing i did was get target  cocobolo grips from RB Grips.I got a ss bolt ,power adjuster and a co2 cap from Cothran machine shop and i got the frictionless trigger from him also.I also have a muzzle brake from Mellonair.They all have quality parts at reasonable prices.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

grumpy

Thanks for the reply. Did the muzzle brake make it much more "backyard" friendly ? Thanks

Dave

mcc1961

You can hardly hear it now.He sells all different sizes but mine is the smallest and am really happy with mine.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

breakfastchef

My limited experience has shown that working to make the trgger on a Crosman air pistol work better and more smoothly is always the first modification. My 2300KT custom rig from Crosman required a trigger job out of the box. This included polishing all the articulating surfaces, shimming the trigger and sear from having so much side-to-side play and general greasing with lithium grease. I have had to do this with both of my 1377/PC77 pistols, as well. After that, there are many power and bling improvements that can be made. Do the trigger work first, though.
Larry

grumpy

Can you point me to a thread that outlines this procedure ? Thanks

Dave

mcc1961

This youtube video will give you some idea on how the trigger works.Just watch for the little BB in the safety.   [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs68RzSFcS0&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL527573B9B1C29E29#]Gmac Trigger Group[/url]   

Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

grumpy

Thats great. Easy enough for a simpleton like me to perform.  :D

Dave

JEBert

Dave,
If you haven't done it yet, Don't!  That vid shows the hard way to deal with the safety spring.
Start by taking the grips off, then the two grip frame screws out of the tube and remove the entire grip frame from the gun while holding everything upright.  Then take the little spring out of the top, then turn it over and dump the safety ball into your hand.  Then take the trigger cover off.  Reverse this procedure when reassembling.
No matter how hard or how many times I tried, I couldn't prevent the ball and/or spring from flying off to never-never land while taking it out or putting it back in.  Maybe my fingers are just too big.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mcc1961

I can't keep the BB from coming out either so everytime I take the trigger out  I have to remove the handle and drop the BB & spring  from the top.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

grumpy

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely do the upside down method.

Just orderd a couple of TKO triggers. Will do it all at the same time.

bildio

A Pacific Pellet Guns video shows Darren putting some vaseline on the end of the safety spring & then picking up the ball bearing with the end of the spring with the vaseline. The vaseline holds the ball bearing in place until it's installed. I've taken the pistol apart a couple of days later & there's no trace of the vaseline.
Bill

mcc1961

Do u know the specific name of that video or could u send me the link?
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

bildio

It's the one that shows how to install a 2-stage drop sear trigger. Here's the link.

http://www.pacificpelletguns.com/MORE-PARTS.html

I've been trying to install one on a phase 3 1377C. I've had that little ball bearing go flying into space three times today. So far I've been lucky enough to find it, but I know my luck is running out. I'm going to get some spares.
Bill

mcc1961

Thanks for the video.I saw a guy on youtube that was using 7 1/2 bird shot from a shotgun shell for the bearing and a bic lighter spring cut to the right length , but I just called crosman and they sent me a new bearing and spring for free.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880