bolt???????????????

Started by mcc1961, September 17, 2011, 05:35:05 AM

mcc1961

How do you go about changing the bolt in a crosman 2300T  pistol?My 2300 does not have the set screw in the bottom of the breech like it says on the crosman schematic.So how do I get the breech off?Have they changed them recently?I have not had the pistol but a couple of months.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

JEBert

I believe that it has the new front breech screw location.  It is under the bolt.  You need to de-pressurize the gun by slowly unscrewing the powerlet cap and when you hear gas escaping, wait until it stops before proceeding.  Point the gun in a safe direction and fire it to take the pressure off of the sear and lessen the pressure on the striker spring.  Then take the grip frame off by removing the front and rear frame screws.  Hold one finger behind the rear cap while removing the rear breech screw and catch the rear cap and striker spring as the striker spring has the rear cap under pressure.  Not much but be aware so that the spring doesn't send itself and the rear cap across the room into your computer screen or become lost.  The striker and pin should now allow the bolt to go back far enough for you to take the dreaded 4-48 screw out.  Be sure to wiggle the Allen wrench all the way down into its hole so that you don't strip the head out.  Once you have the breech off, you can get the bolt out and replace it.  Be careful not to lose the transfer port tube and pay attention to which way it goes.  The long end should be up into the breech and barrel.  Also, when putting it back together, be sure the bolt is in front of the striker pin.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)