• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

daily shooting broke 1377 ***FIXED ***

Started by laptopdragon, September 20, 2011, 09:04:33 PM

laptopdragon

i am extremely gentle and respectful towards all guns, and very easy on them, but i was plinking away and dialing in the aim (7 meters with a rest) and hitting pellet size targets nicely...(or close).  (i made much smaller bullseyes from some random washers i have in the toolbox...dimes are no longer small enough, and i want to master 5-10 meters before going farther out.

this was with 2 pumps on the black 1377

then out of nowhere, i heard jingling inside the grips,
found part of the trigger 2 stage screw fell out, (1st stage  part) and re-adjusting that, i noticed the safety spring and (tiny) ball fell out too.

while attempting to replace said tiny ball, it shot across the room, landed on a server, i heard it rolling and fell somehwere (great...magnet sweep time).

:-[

mcc1961

If u can not find the bearing u can use 7 1/2 bird shot from a shotgun shell.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

quickster47 †

And if you need a spare spring and know some folks that smoke and use Bic lighters, those lighters have a spring inside them that is just right.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

laptopdragon

awesome guys.
thanks
and for relevance, i searched on "safety" but it did not turn up any relevant answers on how to install that safety pin.

i know the direction the pin itself fits, and works, just not the spring compression and the ball installation. when i compressed the spring, it slipped off the lever and hit the ball (which in turn took flight .... somewhere).

bildio

Did you remove the grip frame, and drop the ball & spring in from the top? First put a little bit of vaseline on the end of the spring to hold the ball.
Bill

laptopdragon

i thought the ball went in the bottom and rode across the safety pin.

i was trying to squeeze the ball in between the spring and the pin, (and various other positions)

NorthStaR

LOL, that's what I was about to say. You got it upside down old bean!  :D ;D ;D ;D

The ball first, then the spring (unless that's a homemade spring guide?!)  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

bildio

After having mine fly around the room several times in the last couple of days, it will never happen again, because I ordered a spare.  :) Each time I was sure I would never find it, but somehow I did. I know my luck is running out especially with three dogs eagerly helping me look.
Bill

laptopdragon

just be sure to not handle beef jerky and then the ball, as that would surely be found and lost.   (i lost a set of keys that way)

btw...is it applicable to glue or cement the ball to the end of the spring ?
i doubt it actually rolls.

1377x

someone on ebay sell a safety ball and spring kit
just type crosman in the search
closed mouths dont get fed

Noah

Quote from: bildio on September 21, 2011, 12:58:52 AM
Did you remove the grip frame, and drop the ball & spring in from the top? First put a little bit of vaseline on the end of the spring to hold the ball.

Ahhh - never thought of that! Good call  :-* I will use the Vaseline to help the ball stick to the spring (I think this will work).

I had the same problem with the tiny ball flying out in the kitchen in the middle of the night - good luck finding that one, right?

Carl's lighter spring tip is another good one to remember  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

laptopdragon

...FIXED....

thanks everyone...especially that rightside up / vertical  trick. that worked perfect. 8)

worked late.
got home
skipped supper
tore the entire black and brown apart
attatched the steel breech on brown
fixed blacks safety spring
learned how easy the entire assembly really is.
i may put the steel breech on black, to make it stealth. and brass up the brown with custom grips next.

quickster47 †

Quote from: laptopdragon on September 21, 2011, 08:58:51 AM
...FIXED....

thanks everyone... especially that rightside up / vertical  trick. that worked perfect. 8)

I may put the steel breech on black, to make it stealth. and brass up the brown with custom grips next.

Glad you are back together and shooting.  The black on black is a good combination and the brown with brass accents is another good choice for a little added bling.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

millipede

someone wrote a thread about using a bic lighter spring and a sewing pin. the sewing pin has a small plastic ball on the end of it. just cut them to the right length. thats what i did and it works perfectly

laptopdragon

;D

now that is ingenuity and what makes forums like this such a mind-spring  treasure