• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Piston Orings

Started by C Mellon, September 22, 2011, 12:20:58 AM

1377x

pb
powder burner
i want a ultasonic cleaner to clean my tupperware pb's
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

After reading the use of the ultrasound/sonic baths I went on eBay and bought a battery operated one for £6.99 and free postage.

I'm not holding my breath for it to be amazing but I'll let you know if it is!  :-*

I figured it would be very handy with old restoration projects getting all the crap off valves instead of rubbing, picking and scratching!  ???

Thanks for the idea!  :P
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

BassManNate

Quote from: NorthStaR on October 05, 2011, 02:12:21 PM
After reading the use of the ultrasound/sonic baths I went on eBay and bought a battery operated one for £6.99 and free postage.

I'm not holding my breath for it to be amazing but I'll let you know if it is!  :-*

I figured it would be very handy with old restoration projects getting all the crap off valves instead of rubbing, picking and scratching!  ???

Thanks for the idea!  :P

Ultrasonic cleaners are great. Especially if you have a good cleaning solution in there.

quickster47 †

Quote from: BassManNate on October 06, 2011, 03:26:18 AM
Ultrasonic cleaners are great. Especially if you have a good cleaning solution in there.

What kind of solution do you use that works the best?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BassManNate

Quote from: quickster47 on October 06, 2011, 04:04:13 AM
What kind of solution do you use that works the best?

Carl

Well, I don't have one. I used to work at a musical instrument repair shop that had a big 20-30 gallon one for tubas, trumpets, etc.

We used a very dilute solution of Simple Green, muriatic acid and some other stuff I can't remember. It would turn some metals pink (like raw brass) and one of the repair guys cleaned his .45 in it. Worked great. He had a buddy (who now has my old job) bring his over and it cleaned up fine except for turning it pink.