• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Ok guys... stupid red dot question?

Started by ScottyB, September 22, 2011, 04:12:15 PM

SaiCo

Quote from: JEBert on September 25, 2011, 03:37:15 AM
Saico,
Scroll down to the third target.
www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=4583.0
Cheap BSA red dot is working pretty good for 5M.  Not to brag but I am currently running in first place this month with it.
Worse part is my old eyes want to put a tail on the bottom of the dot indoors.  It works much better for me out in the sun.  I am fighting it indoors with a small aperture on my shooting glasses.
Cheers,
Jerry
Some good shooting. What type of red dot was it? The kind that looks like a pistol scope, but is 1x. Or the type that crosman and daisy have, The dot is projected I think, onto a plastic smoked lens. I had the latter, never tried the first kind.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

JEBert

QuoteSome good shooting. What type of red dot was it? The kind that looks like a pistol scope, but is 1x. Or the type that crosman and daisy have, The dot is projected I think, onto a plastic smoked lens. I had the latter, never tried the first kind.
Thanks!
The target has the sight info filled in on it.  BSA RD30.  1X (or zero magnification).  Yes, the dot is projected onto the front lens and appears in the center of the sight to the shooter.
I have both kinds too.  The Daisy's accuracy inspired me to get the BSA and a Leapers SCP-RD40RGW red/green dot sight.  The Daisy is not as easy to use, at least for me.  I think that younger eyes will find it easier.  I might use it on a gun for the grandson if he ever gets interested in shooting for accuracy.  He is just blasting his AirSoft guns in full-auto and obliterating the whole target, not just the bull.
Here is a picture of the BSA:
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4764.0;attach=5843;image
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)