• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Marauder vs modified 1377/1322

Started by chinaboy, September 23, 2011, 03:51:14 AM

chinaboy

I really like the look of modified 1377/22's that resemble sniper rifles.  I've been doing research on my dream list of what I would like to build.  I have a list of everything I would like to add to the 1377 I got from amazon.com.  When I'm looking at all the stuff, breech, stock, valve and piston, extended probe, trigger, barrel, shroud/break, etc. and the price of everything I wonder whether I would be better off buying a crosman marauder in the long run.  I like the idea of building my own gun.  But, the marauder is sweet and I would have a nice gun at a similar price that is nearly guaranteed to be the gun of what I want, an accurate powerful carbine to take out pests quietly. 

What do you think?  Invest the time and money and effort for a custom 1322 made my me or buy a marauder?  Can you modify a marauder?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Malusex/e-man/My%20GUNS/IMG_1558.jpg

or

http://www.crosman.com/img/products/full/BP2220-full.jpg

I'm about to start buying parts for my 1377 but now ponder on just saving for the marauder.  Thanks for any replies and thoughts.

quickster47 †

Would that be a Marauder pistol or Rifle?  Big difference...

I have both, in fact all three that you are interested in.  And while the Marauder pistol is quite nice, with them you really take a chance on getting a bad barrel, a so-so barrel or if you are lucky, one that shoots fairly good.  The quality of the pistol barrel is really hit or miss with misses having the majority.  Right now there is also not a lot that can be modified on the pistol.  The air tube is only 65cc and when you start increasing the power your shot count suffers big time.

The 1322 will be a better experience for you and let's face, you're gonna do it one of these days anyway so why not start with it now.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

chinaboy

When I say marauder I mean the pistol. 

quickster47 †

Well okay.  But as I said I have all three including a 1322 and my answer for you is do the 1322.  Reasons and explanation above in my previous post.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

to add to it you will need some sort of filling device scuba tank will only get you a few fills
a scba bottle will get you more and cost a lot more about what you pay for the p-rod
closed mouths dont get fed

Joshua A

the marauder pistol or any pcp gun will cost an additional 150-300 $$ at least because you have to buy charging equipment... so they would be much more expensive I think. On the other hand the 13xx guns are self powered, this is one of the BEST qualities in a 13xx, and what makes them so significantly unique. There are very few multi pump pistols that are capable of so much power, at such a little price, and the fact that there are tons of aftermarket parts available to make it custom is just an extra special bonus in my opinion. I have a 1322 pistol that i am almost done with and I wouldn't trade that gun for anything. Not even a marauder pistol. The gun is highly modified and is capable of power levels that rival that of a stock marauder pistol set-up, Yet it requires no expensive equipment to fill the gun, Can be easily taken down for repairs or to change seals, is a 1-of-a-kind, and was a total blast to build. I would have to agree with Carl, 1377 all the way!! These little pumper pistols have quickly become my #1 favorite airgun... tough guns to dislike.

J.Austin

chinaboy

I still would love to hear opinions but I think Quickster's reply swayed me along with the other replies.  Thinking of the charging equipment definitely adds price.  And a 1377/22 does sound fun to build.  I should stop reading the posts about people getting frustrated with the modifications. 

NorthStaR

Quote from: chinaboy on September 23, 2011, 04:36:10 AM
I should stop reading the posts about people getting frustrated with the modifications.

If it was easy I'd be doing something else!  ;)   I find it fulfilling to overcome an issue and walk away triumphant!  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

ScottyB

Yea don't let the frustrated post sway you.  You can't beat the pumper in price and any mods make it your own.  Right now I'm happy with just blinging mine out.  The stock power is still enuf for me.  I plan on upgrading it but I'm in no hurry.  Have fun with it!
"Thank God for rednecks!"-Tallahassee/Zombieland

laptopdragon

Quote from: NorthStaR on September 23, 2011, 03:51:04 PM
If it was easy I'd be doing something else!  ;)   I find it fulfilling to overcome an issue and walk away triumphant!  :-*

x2...
if it were easy, it wouldn't be rewarding...
even though i just started this hobby, and have just done a few things, i have felt great about every "mod" and even learning to completely dis and re assemble it (without losing the safety ball)  8)

i think this time next year, i will have the 1377 mastered and looking towards the marauder (or similar) step up too.